problem connecting terminal via OTG

Dear sir,

I’ve tried both PUTTY over Windows and Screen over macOS.

in macOS I at least see the /dev/cu.usbmodem14441 enumeration…

however when I open a connection there’s nothing in the console.

any suggestions? (I don’t have any other equipment in my possession)

also note, I tried two different SD Cards, and two different ReSpeakers.

thanks

Yair

BTW, nothing shows up on the HDMI when I hookup my screen…

Hi Yair,

which firmware do you use? have you used the etcher to burn the firmware to SD card? We fully tested the below firmware. please try and let us know if any issue. thanks.

<LINK_TEXT text=“https://v2.fangcloud.com/share/7395fd13 … 8000207915”>https://v2.fangcloud.com/share/7395fd138a1cab496fd4792fe5?folder_id=188000207915</LINK_TEXT>

Bill

Hi there, do you have the usb to ttl adapter? if yes, please follow below instructions and provide the screen info. thanks.

B. Connection via The UART port

In this section we will guide you how to establish a connection from your computer to your ReSpeaker using your USB to TTL adapter which will be connected to the ReSpeaker’s Uart port (Uart port located just to the left of the ReSpeaker speaker plug).

Step 1. Connect Uart port and your PC/Mac with an USB To TTL Adapter. Note that the voltage of RX/TX are 3.3V. If you don’t have an USB To TTL Adapter, you can click here to get one.

Step 2. Use the following Serial debugging tools with 115200 baud:

Windows: use PUTTY, select Serial protocol, fill in the correct COM port of ReSpeaker Core v2.0, 115200 baud, 8Bits, Parity None, Stop Bits 1, Flow Control None.

Linux: Depend on your USB To TTL Adapter, it could be screen /dev/ttyACM0(,1, and so on) 115200 or screen /dev/ttyUSB0(,1, and so on) 115200.

Mac: Depend on your USB To TTL Adapter, it could be screen /dev/cu.usbserial1412(,1422, and so on) 115200 or screen /dev/cu.usbmodem1412(,1422, and so on) 115200.

Step 3. The login user name is respeaker, and password is respeaker too.

Step 4. If you do not have a USB to TTL Adapter, you may also use an Arduino. If using an Arduino, connect one end of a jumper wire to the RESET pin on the Arduino and the other end to the GND pin on the Arduino. This will bypass your Arduino’s ATMEGA MCU and turn your Arduino into a USB to TTL adapter, see video tutorial here. Now connect the GND pin on the Arduino to the GND pin on the Uart port of the Respeaker. Connect the Rx pin on the Arduino to the Rx pin on the Uart port of the Respeaker. Connect the Tx pin on the Arduino to the Tx pin on the Uart port of the Respeaker. And lastly, connect the Arduino to your PC/Mac via the Arduino’s USB cable. Now check that your Mac or Linux PC finds your Arduino by typing this command:

ls /dev/cu.usb* (Mac)

ls /dev/ttyACM* (Linux)

You should get back something like:

/dev/cu.usbmodem14XX where XX will vary depending on which USB port you used (on Mac)

/dev/ttyACMX where X will vary depending on which USB port you used (on Linux)

Now follow step 2 above to connect to your Respeaker over this serial connection. And note this is a one time procedure as you’ll next setup your Respeaker for Wi-Fi connectivity and then connect via ssh or VNC going forward.

Bill