Respeaker MIC Array 2.0 - Sound from specific direction?

Hello everyone.

I want to record voice from specific one direction and remove voice from any other direction.

Do the Respeaker Mic Array 2.0 support that?

I will appreciate any comment…

Thanks.

Aden

Hi Aden~

Sorry, The ReSpeaker Mic array v2.0 does not support the specific diection voice pick up. What kinds of application do you use that function? thanks.

I also need this feature!

It’s called beam-forming, it’s really great for noisy environments like offices.

An possible workflow would be: [waiting for voice trigger on without beamforming] -> [detects a Voice Trigger (Hotword)] -> [set the beaforming direction to voice]

Or to be simpler, when It starts do detect voice it change the beaforming direction to the speaker, people talking from other directions will get ignored.

The Wiki site has a list of features for the Mic Array 2.0 and they include beamforming in the list of speech algorithms. Beamforming should allow the mic array to focus on sound from a certain direction. However there is no further mention of beamforming anywhere that I can find. Is the Mic Array 2.0 really able to do this, and how is it used ?

Hi There

beamforming that includes a lot of kinds, We processed the sound using beamforming that cannot record voice from a specific one direction. :smiley:

I tink this could be done by the parameter FREEZEONOFF which, according to the documentation should freeze the beamformer adaptation. This should work fine with the method cadastro suggested. Set FREEZEONOFF to 1 when a voice is deletcted and release it with FREEZEONOFF 0 when done processing the input.

I havent tested it so it might not wor since the firmware seams unfortunately quite buggy.

The AGCONOFF and AGCMAXGAIN has for example no effect on the device so it might be that changing the FREEZEONOFF is also useless.