Simplify IoT Development.

Moderators: lily.li, violet, seth.welday

david44
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

"FindNodeInServer:setup canceled or time out!" error

Post by david44 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:42 pm

Hi there,

I received my deluxe plus box today, and am looking forward to using it with IOS, but I am unable to use either Wio Link unit due to a "FindNodeInServer:setup canceled or time out!" error during setup. I have repeated all steps many times with same result.

Steps:
  • Run Wio Link IOS app (on iPhone 6+)
    Press + then Ready
    Connect To Wio Link via WiFi - Success
    Also received the "Connected to Wio Link" notification.
    Return to the Wio Link IOS app and Join Network dialog.
    "Connecting WIFI..." Network with SSID Password - Success
    "Connecting Server..." - gives "Failed" "FindNodeInServer:setup canceled or time out!" error
Is this because international server is not operational, not visible, or am I missing something else? Is there a way to test whether the international server is up/visible from here?

Thanks, Dave

yexiaobo
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Re: "FindNodeInServer:setup canceled or time out!" error

Post by yexiaobo » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:23 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your feedback.

We can not detect WiFi error in App directly. So can you check how is the LED status in Wio Link board?

Reference: https://github.com/Seeed-Studio/Wio_Lin ... tatus-leds
The BLUE led is the network status indicating led. It has the following blink patterns:

• breathing - Under configuration mode
  • blink twice quickly then off 1s - requesting IP address from router
  • blink once quickly then off 1s - connecting to the server
  • on 1s then off 1s - The node is online
  • on constantly - the node is dead for not getting IP or not connecting to server.
  • blink quickly (on 100ms then off 100ms) - OTA
Note: The BLUE led is attached to GPIO2 which is also the TX pin of UART1. When downloading firmware, the UART1 dumps the data transmitting on UART0 by instinct. So the BLUE led will blink while downloading firmware. After startup the GPIO2 will be configured as a GPIO not TX of UART1.

The RED led is another status led which indicates the power status of Grove modules. All the six Grove interface's VCC converge together and can be controlled with GPIO 15. When the node is in deep sleep mode, all the grove modules lose their power too. The RED led will light on when Grove modules are powered and will go off when Grove modules aren't powered.

Note 2: The description here for status leds are not applicable for the hardware in engineering prototype version. For engineering prototype, BLUE and RED reverse.
BTW, Maybe you can try the wio-cli, here is the detail: http://www.seeedstudio.com/forum/viewto ... =10#p24752

david44
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by david44 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:38 am

The blue LED is blinking twice quickly, then waits 1 second, so it is apparently "requesting IP address from router".

I cannot see any details on how to configure a router to accommodate the IP request. It this problem because of the security type of the connection?

Thanks

yexiaobo
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by yexiaobo » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:45 pm

Which encryption your router using? By now, Wio Link support WPA/WPA2.

I am recommend the wio-cli, it just help you connecting the WiFi router, and you still can setup Grove visually.

come
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by come » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:55 pm

Hi

Same problem here. I've tried several times to connect to my WioLink with the same issue. Process stalled everytime with blue light blinking 2 times fast and 1 sec pause.

I checked my router and there is nothing wrong with it (SAGEMCOM fast 5330b).

Can you help me ?

come
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by come » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:20 pm

Hi

Definitely a bug in IOS app. I had no problem using an android device in the same network.

yexiaobo
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by yexiaobo » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:51 am

come wrote:Hi

Definitely a bug in IOS app. I had no problem using an android device in the same network.
So, now you can using Wio Link with Android devices?