Desperate with Xadow GPSv2

I need some help or maybe a brainstorming for new ideas…
I´ve been working with some GSM+BLE for about 2 months and everything goes ok.
Now i´ve purchased some GPSv2 for positioning.

I can´t get GPSv2 work anyway. And know i have some basic doubts.

1. DO i need to suply power to GPSv2 by the 3 and 6 pins? (i think its needed, maybe im wrong)
  2. Attached to the first question. Does 11 PIN Xadow connectorgives power to the GPSv2 (i think the answer is NO)
  3. To communicate GSM+BLE with GPSv2 only the 11 PIN Xadow connector its needed.
  4. Its important in wich side of the GPSv2 is the 11PIN connector connected?

So if I´m right it should work right for me. But it doesnt.
Im using Eclipse, and as i have told i make call, recieve call, sms…, gprs connection, record audio and so on.
I have connected my GPS v2 and upload and execute the GPS example for Eclipse and i always get this.

Line 111 ( result = vm_gps_open( VM_GPS_ONLY, gps_callback, NULL):wink: -->GPS open success
Line 81 -->open failed

(the problem come form the callback the GPS should give)
[i]static void gps_callback(VM_GPS_MESSAGE message, void* data, void* user_data){

switch(message){
 c[b]ase VM_GPS_OPEN_RESULT:[/b]
{
         VMINT result = (VMINT)data;
        [b] if(result == 1)
         {
            vm_log_info("open failed");[/b]
         }
         else
         {
             vm_log_warn("open success");
             /* set report period as 2 seconds */
             vm_gps_set_parameters(VM_GPS_SET_LOCATION_REPORT_PERIOD, 2, NULL);
         }
     }
     break;
 case VM_GPS_SENTENCE_DATA:
     {
    	/* GPS data arriving */
        vm_gps_sentence_info_t info;
        memcpy(&info, (vm_gps_sentence_info_t*)data, sizeof(vm_gps_sentence_info_t));
        gps_print_gpgga(info.GPGGA);
     }
     break;
 }

}[/i]

I have tried open gps in mode VM_GPS_ONLY and VM_GPS_GLONASS.
I have also tried with different GPSv2 and different GSM+BLE cause i have several of both.
I have tried to use also the arduino GPS example, and get some continuos data on the Serial Monitor, but nonsense, just garbage.

I dont kwow what more can i try. Any Idea??
Thanks in advance

"I can´t get GPSv2 work anyway. And know i have some basic doubts.

1. DO i need to suply power to GPSv2 by the 3 and 6 pins? (i think its needed, maybe im wrong)
  2. Attached to the first question. Does 11 PIN Xadow connectorgives power to the GPSv2 (i think the answer is NO)
  3. To communicate GSM+BLE with GPSv2 only the 11 PIN Xadow connector its needed.
  4. Its important in wich side of the GPSv2 is the 11PIN connector connected?"

With respect to this block:
The 11-pin Xadow connector gives everything you need for the GSM module to communicate with the GPS module. It provides power and all the communication lines.
So, if you’re using the Xadow connectors:

1. No.
  2. Yes.
  3. Yes.

As for 4) the documentation states the 11-pin connector can be connected on either side.

The Seeed wiki page talks about this, IIRC, but the link’s not working for me right now: seeedstudio.com/wiki/Xadow_GPS_v2

I just agree with the previous power-related answers, however I read before that many had problem with initing the gps, and most cases erre resolved by going outside with good gps reception. It takes a while and the gps module is silent until valid coordinates are ready.

Try going outside in a sunny day :slight_smile: