Frequently Asked Questions of RePhone (FAQ)
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:52 pm
1. Driver Installation
The Wiki of Arduino IDE for RePhone has detailedly explained how to install the drivers in three different ways:
1. Normal Driver Installation
2. Install the Driver Manually
3. Install the Driver with LinkIt Assist 2502 SDK 2.0.46
Also, if you are using windows 8/8.1, you may need to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement under Windows 8/8.1 before installing the driver.
2. RePhone DO NOT see a SIM card.
For RePhone do see SIM cards, it might be one of the following cases:
CASE A - A bad connection between the SIM card and the card slot
CASE B - Every time you re-insert the SIM card, you need to reboot the RePhone
CASE C - Unsupported network
CASE D - SIM Cards with PIN code enabled
Could you please try the following:
1. Please check the direction of your SIM card, see if you have inserted it other way around
2. Try to gently push in the card a little bit
3. If your RePhone still shows "NO SIM" on the screen, use a tweezer to SLIGHTLY lever up the metal connector on the SIM card slot , DO NOT BE TO HARD OR YOU MAY BREAK IT.
Turn off the rephone, re-insert the SIM card, then turn it on again to see if it works.
Please make sure the mobile network operator of your SIM card supports GSM network at 850/900/1800/1900 MHz,
If you do not know if your mobile network operator provide GSM network services, please check here:
List of mobile network operators
Please disable the PIN Code with a smart phone before using it with RePhone.
3. Can the Xadow GSM+BLE module be programmed as Eddystone beacon?
We've tried play it with Eddystone beacon or ibeacon yet, but maybe you have a try of vm_bt_gatt_server_set_advertisement_data()
http://labs.mediatek.com/site/global/de ... R_@VMU.gsp
Also, it would be appreciated if any of you have tried to play with Eddystone beacon or ibeacon and leave a message bellow to show us your way to do it.
4. When connecting the Xadow audio module, the screen goes dark
1. Improper connection of CABLES and MODULES may result in short circuit and cause the screen go dark.
For example, the cable is not fully or firmly inserted, OR the Xadow Audio is connected to the screen the other way around.
In these cases please swap a new cable and then reconnect the modules, make sure you connect the cables as instructed in the Page 22 of RePhone User Guide.
2. If the connections are well set and the screen still shows nothing, check if your RePhone have the up-to-date VXP file in the Mass Storage Mode
, copy everything under the file named "RePhone Create Kit VXP" into the RePhone 5MB mass storage, then restart your RePhone, if it still not solve the problem, reset the RePhone to defaults
This topic will keep updating if more FAQ come out.5. Can building RePhone Applications on my Mac OS X?
Thanks to efforts of our software engineer, now you can build RePhone Applications on Mac OS X. Click here to find out more.