XADOW GPSv2

Moderators: lily.li, violet, jessie, chao.zhang

bakhdaulet
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:58 am

XADOW GPSv2

Post by bakhdaulet » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:25 pm

Do you have library( Xadow gps v2) for Eclipse and examples GPS (vm_gps_callback )

User avatar
chao.zhang
Kindergarten
Kindergarten
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:55 am

Re: XADOW GPSv2

Post by chao.zhang » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:13 pm

bakhdaulet wrote:Do you have library( Xadow gps v2) for Eclipse and examples GPS (vm_gps_callback )

Hi bakhdaulet, we've uploaded some Eclipse based GSM example to the Github, check it here.

Also if you want to have a glance at the Eclipse based NFC example, you can find it here as well.

bakhdaulet
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:58 am

Re: XADOW GPSv2

Post by bakhdaulet » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:50 am

Hi,
Thanks for library, but my GPS module can't show data

1485 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:40 INFO gps_test.c:267 Now is time loop.
1486 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:41 INFO gps_test.c:267 Now is time loop.
1487 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:267 Now is time loop.
1488 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:238 cmd = GPS
1489 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:248 gps_check_online is 1
1490 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:250 gps_get_utc_date_time is 15-12-29,16:49:36
1491 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:251 gps_get_status is V
1492 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:252 gps_get_latitude is -:0.000000
1493 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:253 gps_get_longitud is -:0.000000
1494 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:254 gps_get_speed is 0.000000
1495 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:255 gps_get_course is 0.000000
1496 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:256 gps_get_position_fix is 0
1497 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:257 gps_get_sate_in_view is 0
1498 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:258 gps_get_sate_used is 0
1499 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:259 gps_get_altitude is 0.000000
1500 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:260 gps_get_mode is A
1501 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:261 gps_get_mode2 is 1
1502 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:43 INFO gps_test.c:267 Now is time loop.
1503 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:44 INFO gps_test.c:267 Now is time loop.
1504 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:45 INFO gps_test.c:267 Now is time loop.

User avatar
chao.zhang
Kindergarten
Kindergarten
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:55 am

Re: XADOW GPSv2

Post by chao.zhang » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:50 am

bakhdaulet wrote:Hi,
Thanks for library, but my GPS module can't show data

1485 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:40 INFO gps_test.c:267 Now is time loop.
1486 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:41 INFO gps_test.c:267 Now is time loop.
1487 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:267 Now is time loop.
1488 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:238 cmd = GPS
1489 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:248 gps_check_online is 1
1490 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:250 gps_get_utc_date_time is 15-12-29,16:49:36
1491 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:251 gps_get_status is V
1492 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:252 gps_get_latitude is -:0.000000
1493 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:253 gps_get_longitud is -:0.000000
1494 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:254 gps_get_speed is 0.000000
1495 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:255 gps_get_course is 0.000000
1496 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:256 gps_get_position_fix is 0
1497 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:257 gps_get_sate_in_view is 0
1498 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:258 gps_get_sate_used is 0
1499 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:259 gps_get_altitude is 0.000000
1500 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:260 gps_get_mode is A
1501 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:42 INFO gps_test.c:261 gps_get_mode2 is 1
1502 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:43 INFO gps_test.c:267 Now is time loop.
1503 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:44 INFO gps_test.c:267 Now is time loop.
1504 264701184 2004-01-01 00:31:45 INFO gps_test.c:267 Now is time loop.

have you tried to put the module outside the house, when you are using GPS module, you would get bad signal if you are inside the house.

bakhdaulet
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:58 am

Re: XADOW GPSv2

Post by bakhdaulet » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:39 pm

I found problem.
Not just switch off "Xadow GSM+BLE", you must disconnect the battery when the plug module GPS
How to use function AlwaysLocate™ ?
and how to programmatically switch off Xadow gps v2 module (backupMode)?

bakhdaulet
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:58 am

Re: XADOW GPSv2

Post by bakhdaulet » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:47 pm

to extend the battery life I have to turn off the GPS. How to do this in C (IDE Eclipse)????

User avatar
chao.zhang
Kindergarten
Kindergarten
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:55 am

Re: XADOW GPSv2

Post by chao.zhang » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:35 am

bakhdaulet wrote:to extend the battery life I have to turn off the GPS. How to do this in C (IDE Eclipse)????

The Xadow GPSv2module applies "AlwaysLocate" function and works at its "Standby Mode", it also has a "Backup Mode" to prolong the battery.

You can check the Xadow GPSv2 source code on our github.

And also download the L70 GPS Specification and check on chapter 3.13 Packet Type:255 PMTK_SET_PERIODIC_MODE

bakhdaulet
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:58 am

Re: XADOW GPSv2

Post by bakhdaulet » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:45 pm

The Xadow GPSv2module applies "AlwaysLocate" function and works at its "Standby Mode", it also has a "Backup Mode" to prolong the battery.

You can check the Xadow GPSv2 source code on our github.

And also download the L70 GPS Specification and check on chapter 3.13 Packet Type:255 PMTK_SET_PERIODIC_MODE

Source code of Xadow GPSv2 wrote on IDE - Kinetis Design Studio 3.0.0
How to import to Eclipse?

bakhdaulet
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:58 am

Re: XADOW GPSv2

Post by bakhdaulet » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:57 pm

I install Kinetis Design Studio 3.0.0 and KSDK_1.2.0 but Xadow source can't build & compile.
Can you write instruction like Arduino or Eclipse IDEs step by step how to use xadow source code on Kinetis Design Studio, may be need install drivers????????????

meet.poladia
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:54 pm

GPS not working

Post by meet.poladia » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:57 pm

I am using Arduino IDE 1.6.7 for testing the gps module of the rephone kit. But It does not show the longitude and latitude speed or position. It display the mode and status.
What should I do????

Are there any other codes available for GPS testing other than the example given in Arduino ide????

Post Reply