Anti-spam measures

New users can’t post links until they make one post and the account is 24 hours old.

This lets you post a support request right away, but gives us time to check it out before we get clobbered with a ton of spam links.

These restrictions only apply to new users. They are removed automatically after your account makes 1 post and is 24 hours old. Normal users will never be effected by these restrictions.

Why?

Spam poured in after we started using phpBB as our forum. Captchas, registration questions, and other measures only stopped the stupidest scripts and annoyed everyone. Instead, we stopped spammers from getting what they want - new members can’t post links. This method that has stopped 100% of spam so far, and it is totally transparent to most people.

How does it work?

New user accounts are slightly restricted to deny spammers a place to put a link.

These restrictions only apply to new users. They are removed automatically after your account meets certain criteria. Normal users will never be effected by these restrictions.

1. New users receive an error if they use off-site links in posts or signatures. New users can still link to seeedstudio.com, and a select set of white-list sites like Google Code, distributors, etc.
  2. New users receive an error if they use certain forbidden words in posts or signatures. The error reports the trigger word to help you find and remove it.
  3. New users receive an error if they enter non-English characters (like Cyrillic).
  4. New users can’t save a personal profile. Spammers like to put a URL in the personal profile.
  5. Accounts that don’t post within 24 hours of registration are automatically disabled and then purged. We get 100s of zombie spam registrations every day, an automated process cleans them out.

Who is a new user?

The above restrictions only apply to new users. We are constantly tweaking the definition of a new user to stop spam while not annoying real people. These restrictions currently apply to users who:

*Have less than 1 post

*Registered in the last 24 hours

The restrictions are automatically removed once an account meets these criteria.

Warning!! Extreme honey-pot mode in use!!

Users with 0 posts will be automatically deleted for certain common spam behaviors:

*Entering a profile

*Entering a signature with external links

*Entering more than 20 links in the first post

Help, I’m stuck

I apologize if you caught in the filter . Please notify us , thanks.

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks DangerousProtototypes.com

Use “Report this post” feature to notify the moderators of Spam posts. It will be dealt immediately.

Hi Seeed,

I try to comment in some blog posts in last previous 6 months. After that, the comments never shown up.

I am from Myanmar and I notice that some of my ISP proxy address are in spammer lists such as botscout.com, www.stopforumspam.com, projecthoneypot.org. But please notice that all users at Myanmar are behind those proxies and firewall. These IP address 203.81.175.xxx is belong to my ISP Yatanarpon Teleport.

If you block these IP range, no one from Myanmar cannot register to forum because there is only One public ISP in Myanmar(Yes, if you believe it or not :smiley:).

So, pls white list my id or this IP range.

ok

Ok

ok, I see here.

thank you for sharing

ok

Current anti-spam measure is very, very counter-productive. Please do not drop anti-spam measure but please be mindful of user productivity because your current solution is very impractical. It takes MANY, MANY tries on average to enter the correct code since the confirmation prompt window is very difficult to read.

I do not have color blindness; I have 20/20 vision mercifully. But I still have challenges in confirmation code. I do not want to waste my time trying to enter confirmation code. I would rather not participate in the forum at all (as a drastic measure).

There has to be a more productive and easy to use anti-spam solution (without having to pay royalty fees to others, I presume). Please explore an alternate solution.

Thanks.

Hey Baqwas,

I made sure the administrators have seen this.

Cheers.

Hi,

I just post a new topic on the forum beaglebone.

Am I spammed?

I can not see any of my post.

20190403.jpg

I saw your posts today. I will make sure the tech support team sees them as well.

Ok

OK

If you want to get effective results from your marketing campaigns, will definitely like running the sms marketing campaigns. I am so happy that we also selected the affordable and useful app to Send sms from slack. It is so nice and having easy to use design that anyone can utilize to run successful campaigns.

That’s nice! Well, one must be using the legit ways to promote a business on the internet, otherwise the credibility of a brand will get really low. I will be using both Adwords Marketing and seo services for my new business and will make sure that the best marketing measures are being used for those campaigns.

Everyone knows that Tamilrockers 2019 is the best website for people to download and watch movies. So here I am giving you Tamilrockers new link 2019

Thank you so much!

Everyone Amazing Answer Thank You

Shams Malik