Temperature Sensors - Accuracy vs consistency

The temperature sensors list an accuracy. For example, the Temperature Sensor v1.2 lists an accuracy of ± 1.5 degrees C. This could be trying to convey two separate things. Is it truly about its accuracy? Meaning, if the most calibrated equipment available would say it’s X degrees C, this would be expected to be within 1.5 degrees of X?

Or, is this saying something about its consistency as well?

I’m looking to make a zoned climate system, and am basically wondering if a sensor were put in a room whose temperature doesn’t change at all (hypothetical) is this sensor going to be giving values within 1.5 degrees of the actual temperature?

Or, is it going to be much more consistent than that? Like, maybe it would be 22.2 degrees C but it would be reporting 23.7 degrees C, but at least it would be reporting all values between like 23.6 and 23.8 or something like that, with low variation.

I’m a little surprised the sensors don’t list accuracy and consistency values.

Heck, I don’t care if it reports 10 degrees higher than it actually is. As long as it’s consistent, I can work with that.

EDIT: Ok, well, some of the sensors have consistency. The temperature and humidity sensor lists repeatability for both humidity and temperature as 1%, even though its humidity accuracy is 5% and temperature accuracy is += 2 degrees C. But, the basic v1.2 temperature sensor doesn’t list a repeatability value. Even with some of these listing repeatability, how is everyone’s actual usage working out for these?

Hi @darlingm,

Which sensor model you are looking for? can you please mention the model?

I was wondering, are these sensors dedicated to indoors or outdoors use? Or are there separate sensors for these? Because I was thinking about getting myself one of these houses in Greece for the holidays, and I’ll need meteorological sensors to create an integrated air conditioning system for it.