I started to feel burning smell and... (I would like to repair it)

Moderators: lily.li, violet, jeremy882, crail.lyu969

Post Reply
tomm81
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:39 pm

I started to feel burning smell and... (I would like to repair it)

Post by tomm81 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:58 pm

While I was using my dso Nano v2 I started to feel burning smell coming from it. I don't understand why I damaged it because I was working with just 12Vpp and it can support 80Vpp.

I opened it and I found L3 burnt.
Image

Looking at the schematic ( https://storage.googleapis.com/google-c ... Scheme.pdf ) I really cannot understand why it happened because USB cable wasn't connected, and no voltage should have been there in that moment.

Now the battery doesn't charge no more, and when I attach USB the display backlit goes away. Anyone knows why that ? I understand that battery no more charge, but backlit ?

Anyway now I would like to repair it, but before doing it I would need of some idea about the cause of that, so to avoid that it happens again.

Thank you

tomm81
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:39 pm

Re: I started to feel burning smell and... (I would like to repair it)

Post by tomm81 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:00 pm


Post Reply