Moderators: lily.li, salmanfarisvp, violet, jeremy882, crail.lyu969

ajford
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten
Are you a staff member of seeedstudio?: no
Which products/projects are your favorite?: DSO Quad

Re: DS203 quad user interface design

Post by ajford » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:27 am

Hey all, I'm definitely interested in helping out where I can. I'm familiar with C/C++, but mostly for pc. I've never worked with ARM before, but am interested in learning.

@gabonator1, two things: First, GREAT WORK! :) It looks pretty sweet compared to stock, and secont: for what it's worth, I vote Git, though as a newcomer I know my vote may not mean much.

gabonator1
Kindergarten
Kindergarten
Which products/projects are your favorite?: dso quad

Post by gabonator1 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:31 am

Hi guys,

I am really very happy that there are more people that would like to participate in this project. Here is a github repository where is a little improved version of the firmware:
https://github.com/gabonator/DS203

I was having really hard time to configure everything - this was for me the first time to make a git repository, most problems I was having with rsa keys... But now it seems that it is working, so I hope you will enjoy it :)

unfortunatelly, I didn't have time to implement new features, I spent all my time preparing for a medical conference that was in Boston (IEEE AMA), where I was demonstrating a wireless ECG system with visualization on android phone. For more informations see the last PDF link on this page http://ama-ieee.embs.org/program/final-program/. For demonstrating this device I have used the DS203 oscilloscope for generating ECG waveforms. Oscilloscope was connected through resistor divider to the ECG electrodes. Everyone on the conference liked this project very much :) Maybe I will later write some report to my blog

cex
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten
Which products/projects are your favorite?: DSO nano, DSO Quad

Post by cex » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:35 pm

Thank you for trying to make something useful from the DSO Quad.

Also I think this thread would be more visible for other DSO Quad users if you reference it from the Tech Support -> DSO Quad section.

Regards.

gabonator1
Kindergarten
Kindergarten
Which products/projects are your favorite?: dso quad

Post by gabonator1 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:49 pm

Good idea cex, I put there link to this discussion.

kb1gtt
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten
Which products/projects are your favorite?: DSO quad

Post by kb1gtt » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:13 pm

I downloaded APP_G251.hex from github to my new DSO QUAD. The DFU came back with an extension of .err, and it does not appear to have loaded. I tried booting each button on top.

I have the Frequency response application in the 4th button, and I have upgraded the official firmware. So it appears I can change the firmware's. Can some one offer some insight into what went wrong?

I upgraded the default firmware first thing when I got it. I now have 1.52 and 2.52 released on 2011-11-15. Could there be an issue with this Oct 28th firmware being older than the latest firmware I have? I have upgrade firmware 3.10, which is what it came with. Perhaps that is a newer firmware. I just got the Quad yesterday evening.

Your GUI looks great, I can't wait to try it out.

wa5znu
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by wa5znu » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:39 am

I got the same ERR. I tried downgrading to FPGA 2.5 and sys 1.5 first and it still failed.

JackTheVendicator
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten
Which products/projects are your favorite?: DSO Quad

Post by JackTheVendicator » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:43 pm

kb1gtt wrote:I downloaded APP_G251.hex from github to my new DSO QUAD. The DFU came back with an extension of .err, and it does not appear to have loaded. I tried booting each button on top.
Try renaming it to APP.HEX

--EDIT--
It still doesn't work...

kb1gtt
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by kb1gtt » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:38 am

HEX load SOLVED, I got it to install and boot. I did a git clone, instead of web page download. The file I got from the git clone was 76KB, while the web download claimed to be 227KB. Once I got the correct file, it worked just fine.

wa5znu
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by wa5znu » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:38 am

kb1gtt wrote:HEX load SOLVED, I got it to install and boot. I did a git clone, instead of web page download. The file I got from the git clone was 76KB, while the web download claimed to be 227KB. Once I got the correct file, it worked just fine.
The 227KB download file is a web page. Thanks for finding this!

Even with the HEX load, I don't get the error but I don't get a change in the scope app either.

I tried both APP_G251.hex and copying it as APP.hex.
I tried Linux and Windows both. Do I need to downgrade the FPGA and SYS code for this?
Does it install as the default app or is it on another startup button? I tried buttons 2-3-4 and get no app.

kb1gtt
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by kb1gtt » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:50 am

I have the most recent FPGA according to the firmware wiki page. So that's probably not the issue. I upload my firmware from an XP box, I couldn't get it quite right with Ubuntu.

Did it come back with a file after you uploaded the firmware? Have you been successful in uploading another firmware? I used the name found in the git repo. Did you obtain your file via git, or by web page? Is your firmware about 76KB?