…from Hungary :wink:

Please Help Me!

My Device is:
HW version: V.2.7
SYS version: 1.52
DFU version: V.3.11c
Firmware version: 1.0 rev. 85

My DSO 203 Flash Drive is working correctly,
but the DSO Saved Files format is incorrect!
What is Wrong? :open_mouth:

Hardware or Software Fail?

Best regards…

Koszi az uj evi jokivansagokert,kivanok en is neked minden jot az uj evben. Egy kerdesem volna milyen varosbol vagy? A problemaddal kapcsolatban annyit tudnek ajanlani hogy probald ki egy masik szamitogepen. Udvozlettel gabo szlovakiabol

Hello gabonator1

Best wishes you have a happy 2013.

Where can I find the latest compiled binary? I looked on github, but somehow it missed me. I got the entire ZIP repository. Not in there too.

Regards
Jerson

I also wish you a Happy New Year!
Én Budapesti vagyok. :slight_smile:

Hi!
I found a small bug.
At the input screen with ch3 is selected. When I modifying the V-pos with the ± button the V-pos only move in both directions to 0-100, over 100 only negative direction works. And is able to go below zero. Once it go below zero then no way to get over zero, and it writes ‘*’ to V-pos.

Hi,

I have the same problem with loading as taxsago, using latest version 2.7 hardware, SYS 152, AP1_P100, DFU 3.11C

APP_G251 does not copy across, complains about insufficient space. When I check on E: (DFU V3_11_C) it shows 0KB used, 492KB free.

The APP_G251 to be copied is 1,195KB hence will not fit… How do we increase the E: size?

Seems to me you have downloaded the printable HEX file with all the HTML formatting info. You need to right click and save to computer the HEX file. That file is 419kB and fits nicely on the dso quad

Have tried another 4 times, done exactly the same way as for all the PAWN files, ALter BIOS etc.

The file that comes down is 1,195kb every time. Tried doing with Free Download Manager, same size comes down.

Please try the file that is there now, uploaded yesterday…

EDIT: Overcame the problem by downloading the whole project ZIP, then extracted just the hex file … works perfectly!!

Hi,
I’m new to this forum, and have no experience of any technical stuff for the DSO203, however I have just put Gabonator’s App onto my unit.

Info on About page HW V2.60, SYS 1.52, FPGA 0.00, Display driver ILI9327. Firmware 2.0 rev 115
I couldn’t load the latest version from your Github, as it appears to be too big (yes I downloaded RAW file).

It is definitely a great improvement on the original UI that came with the unit.

I have a few questions though, maybe I’m missing some understanding of the operation of the unit.

1. The front end menu seems to require a combination of both up/down switches to move around the grid, one for vertical and the other for horizontal movement.
    Would it not be simpler for either button to move left or right and just drop to the start of the next row (right click) or move up to the end of the previous row (left click)

2. I had lots of issues seeing the cursors in the cursor page, mainly because two of the cursors are grey on a grey grid. I can’t seem to find a way of changing the cursor colours (horizontal pair or vertical pair)

Also it appears that if they are set to auto, even though the values on the right side change the cursors don’t move.

1. I’ve played with saving .BMP images and trying to look at them with a windows BMP editor. All the editors say the files are corrupt. The WAV save works fine, I can open the files in both Audacity and Adobe Audition.
    Is there a way of saving a set-up I.E. channel settings timebase etc, and then recall them later?

2. Is it likely that the FFT page will have a way of moving the vertical display, mainly baseline position as it seems to be off the bottom of the screen ? I assume it is fixed to display the signal on channel A.

Love the App, and you deserved to win the competition, many thanks.
Steve Smith

Hi Gabonator,
I want to compliment You on your work, it’s great, no doubt the best firmware around!!!

I have tested it for a while and I must say it works very well, I just want to inform you that there is an error on the measurements of channel B.
RMS and Average are not correct, it seems to take as the zero of channel A. So we have wrong measurement.

It would also be useful to be able to modify the dimension of the buffer to keep less sampling when using long time base.

Thank You
Marco

I think that i fixed the measure error.
At lines 18 - 19 of the Statistics.cpp, now is:

nSample = (ui8)((nSample>>8) & 0xff);
fSample = Settings.CH1Calib.Voltage( fastCalc1, (float)nSample );

I have modified in this way:

nSample = (ui8)((nSample>>8) & 0xff);
fSample = Settings.CH2Calib.Voltage( fastCalc2, (float)nSample );

Probably the error is the consequence of a copy and paste action.
I don’t know if this modified is correct, but seem to work…

marcosin, thank you for pointing me to this mistake. Fixed in current release.

Hi gabonator1,

Your UI looks great… unfortunately I can only load your April 7, 2013 build… Your May 5, 2013 build is just too big to for my DFU disk. My DFU disk free space is just 492 KB. Your latest hex file is 497 KB. It’s a pity that I don’t have that extra 5 KB or so… :frowning: Else it would be great!

Being a noob here, is there a way to increase the free space of the DFU disk? How big is yours? Is there a special way to make your firmware fit into my 492 KB DFU disk (other than the simple copy & paste method)?

Thanks.

Sorry guys, that was my fault… I was in a hurry and didn’t try uploading the image into DSO. Still working hard on my disertation thesis and do not have much time for this project. I commented out some user modules to make the hex file smaller, and now it can be uploaded without any problem…
The size limitation of flashed hex image was also the reason why I started experimenting with ELF loader - my plan is to have only the basic functionality (bios + oscilloscope + settings + about) present in main firmware, and the other applications (signal generator, spectrum analyser, user modules) would be implemented as standalone *.elf files on DSO’s disk drive and when necessary, the chosen module would be loaded onto flash and executed… For the user there should be no visible change, the switching of applications should be very fast. But now I am facing a stupid problem - I want to place all my BIOS functions and variables into specific memory location, so the elf applications could share the core bios function, making the application binaries very small. But my last experiments bricked both DSO devices I have and thank to jpa I was able to recover at least one of them but now the device asks to enter “master licence” every start… Do anyone know where can I get the license number?

I tried to run the Gabonator App on my DSO, but my Quad got very strange behaviour.
I changed the frequencies on my external frequency generator (500 to 5k Hz) but my dso didnt changed the waveform. After that, I installed the community edition and perfomed well.

How are the SYS and FPGA who should be used with the Gabonator App ? Maybe my problems lies on that.

Hi Gabonator,
thanks for your nice work.
I like both yours and community’s App.
Can you please upload another version of your App, modiffied to install into slot 2 ? (button 2 + power on)
I want to use both of those Apps.

I would change the HEX files myself, but I couldn’t find the hexadecimal addresses description.

Thanks a lot.

pc_07, I altered the build script to make the hex files for all slots. I havn’t tested it yet, so please tell me whether it worked or not: github.com/gabonator/DS203/tree/master/Bin

Thanks a lot Gabonator,
but there is a conflict, as I was affraid.
I have a Community GCC APP in the slot 1, with your APP in the slot 2, your APP works, but the Community APP doesn’t work.

There is probably different SYS or FPGA code for Community APP.
Not easy to solve. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help.

Main scope apps like community edition take 2 app slots. So if you load community into app1 then it uses app1 and app2. I think the same applies to this one.

So I think you’d need to put community in App1 and this one in App3.