DSO Quad suggestion and bugs.

1. there is signal once at second by duration 500 mkS in mode “auto” its not possible seize, in mode “norm”, only with unrolling before 100mkS if expose less for instance 50 to consider in detail not possible seize. in mode “singl” seizes, but change duration of the unrolling is not got, numerals are changed but real does not change

2. if unrolling slow but frequency high that frequency are defined wrong

3. 100kHz shows 100Hz, 1MHz shows 1kHz

Hi!
DS0230 after calibration in all range, given invalid value in Vdc, real value = 3.2 Vdc=2.80.
may by DS not uses callibration data, same marker “zero line” then display shifting up or down from channel marker then callibration work on real value, and not sift line the calibration performed only GND

the add by ideas:
-the ability to view and values ​​korrektiroyvki salibrovki without recalibration of choosing from the menu

Sparkjd,

:slight_smile: Agreed, I also want to see a large character voltmeter mode. In fact I would like to have DSO, DVM, DSA (FFT), SIG, and Logic Analyzer with signal decoding (1-wire, serial, etc). That would put everything I use in my pocket on a daily basis. Ok, it is NOT a replacement for a good Tek for the detailed measurements, but as a pocket field instrument it would be excellent.

Where did you get that pouch containing the Quad, Mini Voltmeter, and probes? I must get one of those :slight_smile:.

adrian.inspiritive - Got the pouch with a $16 test lead kit from Amazon. At that price I ordered 3 kits to have available at different locations/tool kits and the pouch just happend to be perfect for the Quad with room for a little Amp multimeter. The amazon link is

http://www.amazon.com/Extech-TL809-Electronic-Test-Lead/dp/B0012VWUI6/ref=sr_1_42?ie=UTF8&qid=1311100653&sr=8-42

Extech TL809 Electronic Test Lead Kit. Heck, if you don’t need the probes, the pouch is worth the cash if it fits our needs (DSO.) It’s also elegible for Super Saver Free shipping, if you get the order over $25.

Hi, I’m Joaquim and I live in Portugal.

I’m a very basic new user :slight_smile:

I’ve been looking around all the info available, I’ve calibrated probe and I’ve followed calibration procedure explained in the manual. However, while ChA menu 2 Vpp reports 0.000mV default, ChB Vpp shows 0.220V no tension applied, so all ChB mesurements become wrong. Any one knows a way to correct this?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Quim,

When reporting a problem, it is best that you and everyone else include your software version numbers for APP, SYS, and FPGA. The APP and SYS version numbers appear when turned on, but the FPGA must be upgraded to be sure of it’s version number.

There are also two hardware versions out there, v2.3 and v2.6 with the latter being the most abundant. This hardware version is also displayed when the Quad is first turned on. Most will be using hardware version 2.6 so you only need to mention hardware is you have v2.3.

This will keep us all on the same page.

Thanks for the reminder, Lygra :blush:

It’s Hardware Ver 2.60. I’ve upgraded to SYS 1.50 and APP 2.50. Then I’ve formated the disk and I’ve calibrated everything. I don’t know about FPGA. Hope this will help!

Hi,

I juste receive my DSO Quad … and it freeze at start up.

=> youtube.com/watch?v=mSzdeTa7Y-Y

WTF ?

I made a upgrading FW 1.41 to 1.50 … and no change…

I try to remove and replace the battery … no change…

What can I do ?

edit: it was the picture recording button pusshed… It’s (normally) ok now ! :slight_smile:
Thanks

Hello,

In 2 days of utilisation … I have some suggestion

a) an Autoscale function…
b) The FFT
c) For example, in first time, the trigger were on Channel D, and A,B,C were hide.

In 2nd time, I would like to visualise a analoge wave form, on channel B, I choose channel B active, and I mask the channel D.

The Trigger stay on channel D. Is that possible to switch trigger in the only active channel ?

And I have one bug to report… The Frequency isn’t correct. If I choose 200kHz Square(for example), the Frequency “read ?” by the DSO is 200 Hz… hum…

So… an external signal

the freq is “OK” ! (hum… WTF KC ??)

Thanks… :wink:

Hum… again me…

The screenshot function sucks…

a) Volume (2Mb) formatted
b) I made 3 Screenshot (IMAG000->IMAH002)
c) I look these on my computer: OK
d) I made a new screen shoot (with correct name: IMAG003)

IMAG003.bmp fail … unreadable by my computer… :-\

WTF ???
edit: this error appears only when the 3rd button is pushed… (save configuration). for a second time …

First time : SERIALNumber.WPT files was created.

Second time: SERIALNumber.WPT exist, and a SERIALNUMBER.BAK is created…

With the .bak file, some screen shot are corrupted… :frowning:

I hope this (fucking) error will be fixed :slight_smile:

Thanks

Hello,

I’ve noticed problems with SINGL synchronization mode. SYS 1.50 and APP 2.50. Sometimes when trigger shoots, and green “RUN” indicator changes on red “HOLD” there doesn’t appear any oscillogram on the screen. In this case I make a press on the “Run/Hold” button and the indicator becomes green “Run” again. After this when trigger shoots again (second time) oscillogram from previous trigger occurrence (which has not been shown) appears on the screen.
These problems make work with SINGL mode impossible.

Scaling for stored oscillogram works only for horizontal sensitivity 2uS/Div and less (i mean that waveform recorded on 50uS/Div doesn’t change if you decrease horizontal sensitivity from 50 to 2 uS/Div).

And one suggestion for digital channels, It would be good to have an ability to adjust size(vertical) for oscillograms from digital channel (they have small height and it makes difficult reading them).

Guys,
I have just received a DSO quad, and updated it to the latest FPGA, SYS and APP firmwares (APP 2.50).

I am having problems with calibrating the scope - I can enter calibration mode etc, connect the probe to ground, and the columns get filled in ok. Then when I connect my probe to a .250 V source as the instructions suggest, I am unable to change the value in the “voltage” column using the +/- keys. it stays on 0.000mv no matter what I do.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Dan

Well I go away for a few weeks and come back all excited and with baited breath and in great anticipation of firmware updates and bug fixes bursting out of the box …

Well what a disappointment I had … same old problems.

Bad support,
Bad firmware
Bad feedback
all adding up to Bad product…

I will call back in another few weeks and see if someone has managed to turn my useless brick of electronics into an oscilloscope that I can actually measure things with and have confidence in what I am getting for a result.

I know there are actually some talented software engineers already on the case and I applaud them.

If any of them could give me just the slightest hint of a resolution that I can cling onto I would be most grateful.

Cheers Pete.

Here, Here! I can shlep a useful reading out of this thing from time to time, but dare be asked by the boss to demonstraight my theory, then, it does what it dern well wants to. It seems to me, for lack of a better word, that it lacks rebustnoue in its functionality in general. Even a com plete listr of bigs and workarounds would be better than the hi and niss we have now. - John

Hi there,

I’ve notices some bug now… some of them are already on the forum some don’t (?)

When using the single shot mode… It would be very handy if it where possible to alter the XPOS especially when the span of the signal exceeds the screen.

I also have troubles with the calibration of the quad. The ground level is wrong after the calibration procedure… as is the VDC level… It’s never correct.
The procedure I did by the book… and as a reference multimeter a fluke 289…

To my opinion the UI isn’t handy at all… not quite structured and way to much jog switch actions involved. I really would like some interface with the same intuitive interface as for example the benf 3.62 on the nano…

When changing the V/div parameter the GND offset changes along staying at the same relative error.

sometimes the thing locks up on me… Mostly this is when i’m tinkering with the time/div and the triggering mode. Not jet discovered the exact cause.

suggestions:
It would be nice to have:
Signal generator with control of the duty cycle.
A logging style function (like the fluke trend-view) which would preferably store to the internal memory.
A life link to the PC using the USB, so a choice whether to show as USB drive or as for example a com port.
When using 100 ms + Time division It would be nice to know how far the 4096 sample buffer is filled up.
using the wave out… A signal tracing feature…
Multimeter style display Just show (auto ranging) the voltages on the two analog inputs.

Best Regards,

Matijs

Found an other bug:
When saving to CSV, BUF or DAT after a single shot trigger… The file stays empty…
When trying to open this file with the QUAD it crashes (later on i figured the file is empty/0 bytes)

It is now getting to the point where I am going to be asking Seeed for my money back.

This device was clearly misrepresented when sold to me and several months down the line my patience is beginning to wear thin. I believe I have given Seeed plenty of time to resolve some of the very basic problems but they have failed so far to do even that. I have also offered to aid them with suggestions and developed a PC client to make the device more useful.

Perhaps it is not Seeed’s fault that this device is clearly never going to do what it was stated it would but they should have been responsible for making sure of that before selling it to me and many other disappointed clients out there.

For me the most frustrating thing is the fact that they have had considerable amounts of good advice and offers of help to resolve these issues but, for what ever reasons, have chosen not to make use of them.

We seem to be getting firmware updates that replace one bug with another, this is hardly moving forward.

Please Seeed and whom ever else is involved in the development of this product start making some real progress or at the very least inform us clearly of your intent so we (I) can either request a refund or have some time scale for a usable product.

Cheers Pete.

I agree with Pete. While it was an amusing toy to begin with, it wasn’t purchased as a toy! I will await some answers to Pete’s questions until I also determine a new course of action. - John

Hi!
calibration dont work normaly!
only shif scale voltage on the gate eror+calibration and error meshure.
example
oridginal voltage = 1V -> indicated 1.12 -> 0.12 = ZERO+DIFF + correct voltage
0(gnd+int) = 0.432mV -> and shift from zero line on the grid.

single mode does not work below 2mS and above 50mkS,
Fixed in version 252

It’d be great if in new release will be this things and fixed buges:

1. realtime drawing of ray(as on analog scope) :exclamation:
  2. correct voltage measurment
  3. correct FRQ measurement unit(Khz,Mhz istead of Hz) :wink:
  4. higher speed of moving cursor(xpos), depending on wheel button pressing time
  5. smooth adjusment of signal generator, at least wave generator(!!) + wider range of generation
  6. visual selecting not only submenu, but and menu(crossing, shadowing, color changing…)
  7. the worth, dat/buf file loaded from memory don’t scrolling(xpos) :exclamation:
  8. in single mode 5,10,20,50,100uS doesnt work

As for hardware, there two problems:

1. bad digital probe, one loosing contact near the connector, and both very hardly getting out from oscope
  2. terribly jog wheels!!! the upper end is too short, pressing it is uncomfortable.

Btw, is there any program on pc to watching dat/buf files?

PS My device is 1.50sys 2.50(or 2.52, in screen it says 2.50, but i firmwared it 2.52…)app