DSO Quad suggestion and bugs.

lygra,

Thank you for this :slight_smile:. I think no need to send me a Nano, but thank you for the help. I have already prepared SYS for the new setup, and I am in the process of working with APP at the moment. DSO traces are now full screen, and all the junk is cleared from the main display. I am busy now with the navigation, menues and presentation. More on this shortly, when I have made sufficient headway.

adrian.inspiritive, I’m excited to see work progressing and looking forward to testing anything new. And for that I thank you. If I might be allowed a humble bit of input; I’ve used the full screen with “Junk” in reports on machine failures and while a full screen would be most advatatious, I would like to have the option of using the digital readings as well. Just input, but a full screen would be very nice.

As a side note, I carry a kit for troubleshooting that is rather small but still has a mini multi meter. The DSO could have a large charactor Multimeter mode, couldn’t it?

I thought there was a problem with the optocoupler limiting the safe input voltage range to 10V. I can’t find the thread now where this was first reported.

The software side would be best done as a user app, I think. There are reserved app spaces for user apps on the 2MB flash drive.

You’re right! And, there would be no Ohm functionality. Suppose I’ll just have to keep lugging the other meter around, oh the pain…

TS Kit.jpg

Me too. User selection of which measurements remain on screen is very useful, similar to the Nano. Understand that adrian needs time to sort this all out. I also remain available for general testing and negative testing of the changes.

Well it has been a few weeks since I visited the forums, work keeping me busy, but I am glad to see that some people are taking the suggestion of this thread and actually doing some useful work.

I also would be happy to do some beta testing of any firmware changes.

I would also be very happy to test any new XML data capture output and integrate it into my PC client.

Cheers Pete.

1. there is signal once at second by duration 500 mkS in mode “auto” its not possible seize, in mode “norm”, only with unrolling before 100mkS if expose less for instance 50 to consider in detail not possible seize. in mode “singl” seizes, but change duration of the unrolling is not got, numerals are changed but real does not change

2. if unrolling slow but frequency high that frequency are defined wrong

3. 100kHz shows 100Hz, 1MHz shows 1kHz

Hi!
DS0230 after calibration in all range, given invalid value in Vdc, real value = 3.2 Vdc=2.80.
may by DS not uses callibration data, same marker “zero line” then display shifting up or down from channel marker then callibration work on real value, and not sift line the calibration performed only GND

the add by ideas:
-the ability to view and values ​​korrektiroyvki salibrovki without recalibration of choosing from the menu

Sparkjd,

:slight_smile: Agreed, I also want to see a large character voltmeter mode. In fact I would like to have DSO, DVM, DSA (FFT), SIG, and Logic Analyzer with signal decoding (1-wire, serial, etc). That would put everything I use in my pocket on a daily basis. Ok, it is NOT a replacement for a good Tek for the detailed measurements, but as a pocket field instrument it would be excellent.

Where did you get that pouch containing the Quad, Mini Voltmeter, and probes? I must get one of those :slight_smile:.

adrian.inspiritive - Got the pouch with a $16 test lead kit from Amazon. At that price I ordered 3 kits to have available at different locations/tool kits and the pouch just happend to be perfect for the Quad with room for a little Amp multimeter. The amazon link is

http://www.amazon.com/Extech-TL809-Electronic-Test-Lead/dp/B0012VWUI6/ref=sr_1_42?ie=UTF8&qid=1311100653&sr=8-42

Extech TL809 Electronic Test Lead Kit. Heck, if you don’t need the probes, the pouch is worth the cash if it fits our needs (DSO.) It’s also elegible for Super Saver Free shipping, if you get the order over $25.

Hi, I’m Joaquim and I live in Portugal.

I’m a very basic new user :slight_smile:

I’ve been looking around all the info available, I’ve calibrated probe and I’ve followed calibration procedure explained in the manual. However, while ChA menu 2 Vpp reports 0.000mV default, ChB Vpp shows 0.220V no tension applied, so all ChB mesurements become wrong. Any one knows a way to correct this?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Quim,

When reporting a problem, it is best that you and everyone else include your software version numbers for APP, SYS, and FPGA. The APP and SYS version numbers appear when turned on, but the FPGA must be upgraded to be sure of it’s version number.

There are also two hardware versions out there, v2.3 and v2.6 with the latter being the most abundant. This hardware version is also displayed when the Quad is first turned on. Most will be using hardware version 2.6 so you only need to mention hardware is you have v2.3.

This will keep us all on the same page.

Thanks for the reminder, Lygra :blush:

It’s Hardware Ver 2.60. I’ve upgraded to SYS 1.50 and APP 2.50. Then I’ve formated the disk and I’ve calibrated everything. I don’t know about FPGA. Hope this will help!

Hi,

I juste receive my DSO Quad … and it freeze at start up.

=> youtube.com/watch?v=mSzdeTa7Y-Y

WTF ?

I made a upgrading FW 1.41 to 1.50 … and no change…

I try to remove and replace the battery … no change…

What can I do ?

edit: it was the picture recording button pusshed… It’s (normally) ok now ! :slight_smile:
Thanks

Hello,

In 2 days of utilisation … I have some suggestion

a) an Autoscale function…
b) The FFT
c) For example, in first time, the trigger were on Channel D, and A,B,C were hide.

In 2nd time, I would like to visualise a analoge wave form, on channel B, I choose channel B active, and I mask the channel D.

The Trigger stay on channel D. Is that possible to switch trigger in the only active channel ?

And I have one bug to report… The Frequency isn’t correct. If I choose 200kHz Square(for example), the Frequency “read ?” by the DSO is 200 Hz… hum…

So… an external signal

the freq is “OK” ! (hum… WTF KC ??)

Thanks… :wink:

Hum… again me…

The screenshot function sucks…

a) Volume (2Mb) formatted
b) I made 3 Screenshot (IMAG000->IMAH002)
c) I look these on my computer: OK
d) I made a new screen shoot (with correct name: IMAG003)

IMAG003.bmp fail … unreadable by my computer… :-\

WTF ???
edit: this error appears only when the 3rd button is pushed… (save configuration). for a second time …

First time : SERIALNumber.WPT files was created.

Second time: SERIALNumber.WPT exist, and a SERIALNUMBER.BAK is created…

With the .bak file, some screen shot are corrupted… :frowning:

I hope this (fucking) error will be fixed :slight_smile:

Thanks

Hello,

I’ve noticed problems with SINGL synchronization mode. SYS 1.50 and APP 2.50. Sometimes when trigger shoots, and green “RUN” indicator changes on red “HOLD” there doesn’t appear any oscillogram on the screen. In this case I make a press on the “Run/Hold” button and the indicator becomes green “Run” again. After this when trigger shoots again (second time) oscillogram from previous trigger occurrence (which has not been shown) appears on the screen.
These problems make work with SINGL mode impossible.

Scaling for stored oscillogram works only for horizontal sensitivity 2uS/Div and less (i mean that waveform recorded on 50uS/Div doesn’t change if you decrease horizontal sensitivity from 50 to 2 uS/Div).

And one suggestion for digital channels, It would be good to have an ability to adjust size(vertical) for oscillograms from digital channel (they have small height and it makes difficult reading them).

Guys,
I have just received a DSO quad, and updated it to the latest FPGA, SYS and APP firmwares (APP 2.50).

I am having problems with calibrating the scope - I can enter calibration mode etc, connect the probe to ground, and the columns get filled in ok. Then when I connect my probe to a .250 V source as the instructions suggest, I am unable to change the value in the “voltage” column using the +/- keys. it stays on 0.000mv no matter what I do.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Dan

Well I go away for a few weeks and come back all excited and with baited breath and in great anticipation of firmware updates and bug fixes bursting out of the box …

Well what a disappointment I had … same old problems.

Bad support,
Bad firmware
Bad feedback
all adding up to Bad product…

I will call back in another few weeks and see if someone has managed to turn my useless brick of electronics into an oscilloscope that I can actually measure things with and have confidence in what I am getting for a result.

I know there are actually some talented software engineers already on the case and I applaud them.

If any of them could give me just the slightest hint of a resolution that I can cling onto I would be most grateful.

Cheers Pete.

Here, Here! I can shlep a useful reading out of this thing from time to time, but dare be asked by the boss to demonstraight my theory, then, it does what it dern well wants to. It seems to me, for lack of a better word, that it lacks rebustnoue in its functionality in general. Even a com plete listr of bigs and workarounds would be better than the hi and niss we have now. - John