DSO Quad suggestion and bugs.

Here it is:
ChipB253_XY.rar (51.9 KB)

Thank you. I installed it and saw the DSO working propertly the first time at all!

first of all i really would like to see the variable duty cycle in the signal generator

secondly i also suggest a x-y plot of channel A vs B and vice versa rather than always the channel vs time since it is very useful for some circuitry

I wish to have a low speed signal recorder function for making battery discharge voltagedrop tests.
Battery discharge test take several hours.
The current 1s/div is far too fast for this kind of testing.
Then I need to take a bitmap of the displayed waveform.

At the time I am using Marco’s 1.8 version.

This should be rather easy to implement for everybody with a minimal experience in software engineering.

I suggest you have a look at Petteri Aimonen’s page essentialscrap.com/dsoquad/freq.html, his “frequence response application” is an excellent starting point and very well commented. His instructions about how to install a freeware development environment on Windows are easy and they work (not like others here…).

Regards
Patrick

i m watching the sources of DSO_gcc_v7.1 and have different questions…after 2 min of watching.
why do you still poll in timer handler the keyboard state(keys pressed), and don’t have keyboard interrupt, as any good hardware? what a strange idea - permanently poll rare events, if interrupts make it easy and in proper way.

Hi! I need help.
My device gives out the wrong form of a signal on the channel “A”. I repeatedly changed an firmware, the result on all is identical. I understand that malfunction is not in the program, and in the hardware. I ask to prompt to me, what details on a payment can be faulty?
I changed the probes, it didn’t solve a problem.
On a screenshot both channels (A and B) are connected to the same signal, only shifted for the period
1.jpg

I assume your input signal is square wave. Try adjusting the trimmers behind the battery - it may help. Looks like too much reactance compensation on Ch A and too little compensation for Ch B. This page has instructions:

neophob.com/2012/03/dso-quad-for-dummies/

No, in the channel “B” the true form of a signal is shown. It is checked for 100 % a serviceable oscillograph. It is a signal on the power unit of the amplifier (the enclosed file) in the points noted red. Many thanks for the reference, I will try according to your recommendation and I will report about results.

Don’t know why nobody notice this dramatic bug. There are tremendous timing mismatches between analog and digital channels in all firmwares.
IMAG001.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2947

Yes it is, thank you, but still no any efforts from developers side…

Heh, in the past 9 months, never has Seeed or eDesign co. fixed a single bug properly. There have been some updates, but the horrible triggering bugs and malfunctioning calibration remain as ever.

If there is hope… it lies in the community.

Legally speaking a product does not meet the specs. BTW, this is the cause for termination of sales according to the Law.

Hehe, surprisingly I wouldn’t return the device even if I could. As a portable oscilloscope, with all its defiencies, it’s still the best one I’ve ever owned. The typical 10 MSps multimeter-style devices with grayscale screens and no programs are nothing compared to the Quad.

Hi jpa.
I read your post about this problem related by kabron; maybe we can do the trick you used in your logic analizer program into the community app ?

Unfortunately the trick I used only works for slow samplerates (less than 1MHz etc.).

But it shouldn’t be too difficult to solve in the community app, just delay the digital traces by 5 samples.

I’m not sure, because the time lag or lead are different on various aquisition rates.

Hmm… haven’t tested much, but if it is the same effect I have seen, the difference should be always exactly 5 pixels on screen…

I have the same issue. After calibrating the DSO like 4 times, I cannot get a clear measure from a power supply at 5V. I always get ~1.8V difference, and what is worse, it seems to change after each restart.