DSO firmware version 3.64

I see, Thanks for the clarification!
This is the circuit I envisioned from your description, and I see now what you mean by injector balance, seems perfectly logical now though till now I failed to consider the possibility of variances in injector performance beyond an outright blockage. Curious though, even now, with the nano FG output with the current BenF software, one can vary the frequency in increments.
Wouldnt it work as is operate the injector at a steady pulse rate for this purpose? Just straight DC with a variable pulse rate, like PWM duty cycle circuit? (one dc pulse = one injection, more fuel is longer single pulse)
In fact if I recall correctly on mine I could out put dc with a variable duty cycle as well, but I dont have it here in front of me to refresh my memory. I had envisioned injectors working this way on single DC pulse with duty cycle approach, but it seems like you are saying the there is a pulse of multiple pulses per injection,?
Maybe I am just confused. Does seem like your idea has potential. Best hopes! Troy

one pulse, one injection
i was not very clear in my first post
so 10 pulses will be 10 injections

Dear BenF!
Thank you a lot for your efforts!
I’ve just received my DSO v1 and my first action was to reflushin it with your firmware.
The firmware is really great!
I’m new to DSO and not very profound in signal analysing. But I’d like to ask a question (or possibly ask for new feature).
I’m trying to get realtime reading of PPM signal generated by a radio remote controller.
The signal is a burst of 8 pulses, then a longer idle pulse, then again 8 pulses etc.
The idle pulse is always the longest, and total length of a cycle is always fixed - 20 ms.
I haven’t found a way to get stable display of this signal. The trigger always fixes randomly at any of the pulses.
I certainly can capture the signal and look at it offline, but realtime would be much better, because I need to observe the length of each particular pulse.
Sorry if I missed the answer in earlier discussion or in documentation, English is not my native language.
Maybe you could add a “time threshold” or “horizontal sensitivity” of a trigger, which could make the trigger ignore pulses shorter than given length?
I’m attaching a sample screenshot of the waveform.
IMAGE003.png

Ben,congratulations!!!
I know you have already heard this more than thousand times, but you deserve!
This modification is everything somebody , lost in space just like me that bought this oscilloprobe and search the whole universe to solve my problems from lack of manuals to software and firmware like this ,could never expect falling from heaven.
I admire your knowledge and your hard work just to help people like me and others ( and for free!!!)
God Bless you!!!

Oh ok, So I wasnt off base then, whew, thought I was seriously confused there for a moment! :laughing:
I think your idea should work even with the signal generator’s existing output abilities,
I just looked at mine and both the frequency and the duty cycle are fully adjustable.
I am wondering if you realize you can adjust it down to 10Hz increments?
On my version Nano you can anyways, when you have it on the FR menu the right or
left keys adjust the frequency, If you want to adjust frequency more precisely, Holding the menu key
will move the cursor from whole KHz resolution to .1KHz and .01KHz resolutions.

It wont give you pulses of frequency, but the steady signal to the injector should give your pressure
gauge more time to settle on a more accurate reading anyways, no? ( though I guess you could flood
your cylinder with fuel pretty rapidly doing this) :open_mouth:

Happy testing! Have a good one, Troy

I think the need here is be able to turn on each injector exactly for the same time. Then you would compare each psi gauge reading to find an injector that spraying too much/little. Thats how I understand.

i can set the frequency and duty cycle
to have an accurate balancing test i need the same number of pulses for each injector

I watched the video youtube.com/watch?v=djgnUnjR0fs
and installed the BenF SW upgrade to my DSO Nano. Looks very good.

WEhat I needed was support for my 6G and 8G SDHC microSD cards.
Seems to work . I will check it out.

But who is BenF? Is this a hack? Is the upgrade supported by seedstudio?
regards
SteenOluf sok@post4.tele.dk

Same problem. I tried 3 different SD cards:

• 128 Mb no name FAT - ok

[code]Connection Settings
Interface Version : 1.0
Maximum Read Speed : 50kHz
Maximum Write Speed : 12kHz

Translation Mode Disk Geometry
CHS Geometry : 15 x 255 x 63
Bytes Per Sector : 512bytes
Capacity : 117.66MB

Partitions Information
Partition 1 : MBR FAT16 121.33MB[/code]

• 512 Mb Nokia FAT16 - NOK
  • 512 Mb Nokia FAT32 - NOK

Maximum Read Speed : 25kHz
Maximum Write Speed : 6kHz

CHS Geometry : 62 x 255 x 63
Capacity : 486.34MB

Partitions Information
Partition 1 : MBR FAT32 488.14MB[/code]

• 2 Gb no name FAT16 - NOK

Maximum Read Speed : 50kHz
Maximum Write Speed : 12kHz

CHS Geometry : 239 x 255 x 63
Capacity : 1.83GB

Partitions Information
Partition 1 : MBR FAT16 1.83GB[/code]

I rolled back to 3.62 and it works.
With 3.64 DSO jams if connected to PC via USB (initialising). With V3.62 this works too.

Hi, I had problems with SD cards not working properly and blamed 3.64 until I read the instructions supplied by Benf. It says that it is best to format the card using SDFormatter (search google) which I downloaded, formatted my cards and hey presto all is now 100%
Hope this solves your problems, I have not experienced any problems with 3.64 since doing this.
Good luck Mike

I had the old 512 Mb Nokia SD card in device when I found out that it is not working with new firmware. I then reformatted it to FAT16 using sdformatter V3.1 (using defaults). After that I formatted it again to FAT16 with Win7 and to FAT32 using Win7. None of these was working :frowning:

The only functioning card I have (128 Mb) was found in my Garmin navigator… When I connect it to my PC it wants to scan the card for defects. I have had no courage to do so…

Dear BenF:

The one thing I TRULY NEED to make the DSO201 useful to me is an ‘external trigger’ (with some internal hardware access to use RX). That way at least I can get ‘some’ of the utility of dual-trace to relate an event to the scope data. However, the signal I am sampling looks MUCH more legible using your ‘fast’ ‘peak’ display mode. I have attempted to re-create that ability from the available 3.13 code base, but my result still doesn’t look NEAR as good. Is there ANY chance you could pass along at least Process_Wave() to me at goodrich@lectronix.biz that I may have at least that improvement, or at least describe the ‘peak’ algorithm?

BTW, the other trick I am hoping I can get to work is the ‘roll’ mode so that all new samples come ‘in at the right’ and slew toward the left, ala chart paper. For certain slow event-watching this is quite a bit easier to digest than ‘scan’ mode.

Earl Goodrich II

Dear BenF,

I just received my DSO201 Nano with the new release (V3.21A) of the bootloader. With this release we can no longer upload the .dfu files using the Dfuse like with the old(er) bootloaders of the DSO201 NANO.

What we need now are .hex, .bin and .adr files (what ever they may be :wink:)

With the DFU filemanager I can create .hex and .bin files from the BenF LIB.dfu and the BenF APP.dfu files. What I don’t know is whether or not I should use the .hex files or the .bin files (or both) and for sure I have no idea how to create a .adr file…

If possible, a link to these files would be very much appreciated!

Regards

I also thoroughly googled and quickly scanned this page in search of your BenF latest and greatest sources… not much luck. Are you suggesting you will not be releasing the latest source? Too bad… what version did the gitorious project fork from?

The gitorious project is based on 3.11 (the first commit is the import of the released “DSO BenF v3.rar”). BenF later released the code for 3.13 (through Seeed). I will soon update the gitorious tree with the few changes that happened between 3.11 and 3.13.

EDIT: Done, the git tree now has everything from 3.13.

Hallo !! I’m a memberlist of gamma spectroscopy. I’m in a group of amateur that produced different version of low cost gamma spectroscopes ( under 100$) . The results where great and we used the NANO to produce a very nice gamma spectroscope ( coupled with a probe it analize the pulse amplitude attached to the nano probe) The spectra is caratteristic of the radiactive isotope in fornt of it so you can detect and identify radioactive contamination. With NANO modified we were able to identify cs134 and cs137 in tokyo soil sample thus giving to the NANO a great importance. At the moment we are working in making the micro sd memory working and would be great to have access to Benf 3.64 that have SHDC control. the project is here sourceforge.net/projects/gammagrapherv2/
Nano in action as spectrometer is visible at youtube.com/watch?v=4deKoaNt … ure=relmfu

So
Dear BEnf , can we have a copy of the 3.64 code regarding the managing of the memory sd card?? We’d apreciate so much
Paolo

Just got my DSO Nano V1 yesterday, installed the BenF 4.62 firmware, and it works well however I have one problem, I cannot get any of my 6 SD cards to work! They vary from 2gb to 8gb, some HC some not, tried FAT16, FAT32, etc and none work. On some of them the nano boots up and works fine but doesn’t see the SD card itself, on a few of them it would just hang the device on boot. Also reguardless of what card I used when plugged into the computer it reported all of them as 34gb! Any ideas on what I can do to get an SD card to work?

I had good result formatting externally the card with"sd formatter v 3.1" program. You can download it from here:
sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/
hope ti helps

Hi,

I would like to translate the users guide to my native language (hungarian), but it is a pain in my a** if I have to do that from pdf. Can you please provide a source document (docx, odf, …), which can be edited?

Hi,

I upgraded my DSO 201 V3.21A with the Benf 3.64 via .hex method.

BUT now, when I inserted the sd card 2Gb FAT16 with a FILE000.DAT >1Ko, the screen is freezed on “System Initializing Please Wait”.

Why ?

I bought this oscilloscope to be able to save the data. (Is it possible to record for long time ? in dat, csv or txt file ?)

Why the Benf firmware cannot recognize my sd card ?

Thank you.