DSO firmware version 3.64

Thanks for update. but I have a problem in 3.64.
I use 2GB SD card and change mode to the ME or FI ,then freeze the system.
It work when no card or 8GB SDHC insert.
I try two different card and it isn’t broken because I can use this cards another system.
Do you have any idea?

When can I download the latest source?

Just wanted to say thanks to Benf. Outstanding work on the firmware. I really appreciate it.

Thanks also to Lygra for the excellent youtube tutorials.

Now I just need to return my Quad which is basically useless.

:smiley: Thanks BenF, What a major improvement to my DSO201! Its obvious you have allot of time and effort into this, and clearly GOD blessed you with impressive software talents as well. I sure appreciate it and highly recommend this upgrade to anyone nervous about losing their original firmware. You wont regret this upgrade, makes the nano much more like a quality conventional scope.
Thanks again BenF, I sure appreciate your efforts. :smiley:

Is the trouble described in the following topic, known by BenF firware 3.64 user ? Thanks.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3127

Regards.

The post linked to above suggests the problem is the same with the stock firmware. If it is indeed a problem that can be fixed in firmware, why is there no fix available and why was it shipped defective in the first place?

The display problem is news to me and keep in mind that V2 has been in the market now longer than its predecessor. It could be unique to a batch of units or a result of HW modifications in a late production run. As buyers, I don’t think you should settle for “please understand …”, but rather demand a fix or replacement.

Hi BenF and all users of this forum, excuse my english, i’m not native english speaker

I am new to this forum and to the DSO nano v2.
I installed BenF firmware 3.64
If you ever plan to make an upgrade, I want to point to a feature that is missing, in the frequency generator menu maybe you can add a “burst” function, that can be preset (5, 10, 50, 100 pulses) or can be user defined
you can set frequency
you can set
if you can set a number of pulses to be generated, then the a automotive tool used to verify injector balance become useless, all you need is to make a driver for the injector so it will use the battery power and use the nano to command that driver, the driver can be made with one FET, or any switch transistor able to handle the load.
Also i noticed that the generator is always on, is that consuming resurses?

Anyway thank you very much for your effort into making this firmware.

Hello Decebel76,
I am not involved with the firmware myself, just a fellow Nano owner. I just wanted to say your english is pretty good,
honestly its not obvious english is not your native language in writing form anyways! I do think however you may have meant to say “if you can[size=150]t[/size] set a number of pulses to be generated, then [size=150]as[/size] a automotive tool used to verify injector balance [size=150]it[/size] become useless,…” ? Seems to make more sense that way, amazing how one “T” can invert the whole meaning of a sentence! Curious project you are envisioning, Using the nano to operate a fuel injector, I was thinking injectors were actuated with a more digital signal of one “on state” per injection of a varying length, rather than an “inverting variable frequency burst” per injection, Perhaps you have a product idea there, if that is added,you could produce a device ready to connect to the vehicle battery , injector terminals(maybe even a kit with various adapters) a hook for the Nano output and a place to put the ground clip and you have a pretty handy injector verifier. you could even include a regulator to power the nano through the usb port from the vehicle power. Then again maybe I am totally confused what you are trying to do and how it allow you to see a imbalance in the injectors.

I am pretty sure you are correct the frequency generator is consuming power all the time, even if there no output current just inverting the voltage against the micro-tiny capacitance of the output circuit has to be pulling some current.
Battery life can be limiting so that is a good suggestion too! Anyways, I hope that was helpful, Troy

thank you for reply
i meant that the nano gives the command to the injector and the injector is using the car battery
between nano and the injector is used a transistor, that is the injector driver
the nano and the injector driver share the ground
here is an example

the imbalance can be seen by measuring the pressure drop in the fuel line with a pressure gauge, you measure the pressure drop for each injector starting from the same pressure and giving to each injector same command(same number of pulses, same frequency, same duty)

From where do i get the video tutorials of this DSO firmware version 3.64 as i have acquiring interest in this topic and i also want to know that is there any tutorial guides also available so that it would be much easier to learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYMFtHTiqoQ
this one is for v3.62… i hope it helps

To turn it off completey, you can set duty cycle to zero. You can also save this setting as part of your power on profile if you prefer the generator to be off by default.

I see, Thanks for the clarification!
This is the circuit I envisioned from your description, and I see now what you mean by injector balance, seems perfectly logical now though till now I failed to consider the possibility of variances in injector performance beyond an outright blockage. Curious though, even now, with the nano FG output with the current BenF software, one can vary the frequency in increments.
Wouldnt it work as is operate the injector at a steady pulse rate for this purpose? Just straight DC with a variable pulse rate, like PWM duty cycle circuit? (one dc pulse = one injection, more fuel is longer single pulse)
In fact if I recall correctly on mine I could out put dc with a variable duty cycle as well, but I dont have it here in front of me to refresh my memory. I had envisioned injectors working this way on single DC pulse with duty cycle approach, but it seems like you are saying the there is a pulse of multiple pulses per injection,?
Maybe I am just confused. Does seem like your idea has potential. Best hopes! Troy

one pulse, one injection
i was not very clear in my first post
so 10 pulses will be 10 injections

Dear BenF!
Thank you a lot for your efforts!
I’ve just received my DSO v1 and my first action was to reflushin it with your firmware.
The firmware is really great!
I’m new to DSO and not very profound in signal analysing. But I’d like to ask a question (or possibly ask for new feature).
I’m trying to get realtime reading of PPM signal generated by a radio remote controller.
The signal is a burst of 8 pulses, then a longer idle pulse, then again 8 pulses etc.
The idle pulse is always the longest, and total length of a cycle is always fixed - 20 ms.
I haven’t found a way to get stable display of this signal. The trigger always fixes randomly at any of the pulses.
I certainly can capture the signal and look at it offline, but realtime would be much better, because I need to observe the length of each particular pulse.
Sorry if I missed the answer in earlier discussion or in documentation, English is not my native language.
Maybe you could add a “time threshold” or “horizontal sensitivity” of a trigger, which could make the trigger ignore pulses shorter than given length?
I’m attaching a sample screenshot of the waveform.
IMAGE003.png

Ben,congratulations!!!
I know you have already heard this more than thousand times, but you deserve!
This modification is everything somebody , lost in space just like me that bought this oscilloprobe and search the whole universe to solve my problems from lack of manuals to software and firmware like this ,could never expect falling from heaven.
I admire your knowledge and your hard work just to help people like me and others ( and for free!!!)
God Bless you!!!

Oh ok, So I wasnt off base then, whew, thought I was seriously confused there for a moment! :laughing:
I think your idea should work even with the signal generator’s existing output abilities,
I just looked at mine and both the frequency and the duty cycle are fully adjustable.
I am wondering if you realize you can adjust it down to 10Hz increments?
On my version Nano you can anyways, when you have it on the FR menu the right or
left keys adjust the frequency, If you want to adjust frequency more precisely, Holding the menu key
will move the cursor from whole KHz resolution to .1KHz and .01KHz resolutions.

It wont give you pulses of frequency, but the steady signal to the injector should give your pressure
gauge more time to settle on a more accurate reading anyways, no? ( though I guess you could flood
your cylinder with fuel pretty rapidly doing this) :open_mouth:

Happy testing! Have a good one, Troy

I think the need here is be able to turn on each injector exactly for the same time. Then you would compare each psi gauge reading to find an injector that spraying too much/little. Thats how I understand.

i can set the frequency and duty cycle
to have an accurate balancing test i need the same number of pulses for each injector

I watched the video youtube.com/watch?v=djgnUnjR0fs
and installed the BenF SW upgrade to my DSO Nano. Looks very good.

WEhat I needed was support for my 6G and 8G SDHC microSD cards.
Seems to work . I will check it out.

But who is BenF? Is this a hack? Is the upgrade supported by seedstudio?
regards
SteenOluf sok@post4.tele.dk