RFBee firmware updating

Sounds good, I will try some test on the current pool. If you want me to review any documentation send me a note.

Thanks, as soon as I have something tangible I’ll post it for comments :wink:

Team,

I just committed an updated version of the RFBee manual:

code.google.com/p/rfbee/source/b … 20v1.1.pdf

Cheers,

Hans

The current source still has some wakeup messages in it. It appears a set of ()'s are missing.

Also factory test is left on so I get an io error message on startup.

The toc in the docs is boxed which seems funny. Outside of that things are pretty good.

Fixed the sleep and wakeup prints (thx Rich :wink:) in rev 43.

I don’t get a boxed ToC in the docs, what PDF reader do you use ?

Cheers,

Hans

Apples preview.

Just tested in my ipod touch (the only Apple at hand :wink:) and the toc does not show a box.
So it must be something special to your version of Apples preview.

Cheers,

Hans

Hans are you still working on this code base? I have encountered a few problems?

I just dowloaded v1.1 and try to compile in Arduino_021

In file included from RFBee_v1_1.cpp:207:
TestIO.h:5:20: error: config.h: File or folder does not exists
RFBee_v1_1.cpp:305:23: error: rfbeeCore.h: File or folder does not exists

I just unpacked all files to my sketchbook folder.
Also tried to comment out all related to TestIO

I am compiling just fine in the Arduino-21 tool on a Mac. Which .pde file did you open? Sometimes that makes a difference. I normally open RFBee.pde.

Rich,

I’m not actively developing on the code, but feel free to post a question :wink:

Cheers,

Hans

Doing some additional demos I have found that the device does not recover well from a receive buffer overflow error. I have been poking at it a bit, and I thought I mention it. I also don’t fully understand why I am getting them in that the totalled transmitted is less than the full buffer size.

Do you have some details on the conditions under which the overflow occurs ?
Is the problem the overflow or the handling of the overflow ?

Cheers,

Hans

I believe the problem is in the handling and that when an overflow occurs some reset needs to occur, but does not until a latter time. Power cycling clears it right away, but sending data seems to eventually clear it as well. If I have one node that is only sending, and the receiving node gets one of these I have to send from the one that got it, before it will receive again. Let me try to get a better characterization of the issue.

Hi everyone,

Apologies for reviving this thread after so long.

I am trying to implement a read RSSI function in the firmware. Currently it will only return max value (255). Has anyone implemented this functionality before and if so, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

I have seen other values, but I will find a moment to test again to see if I currently see different values today.

Just to clarify, I am attempting to read from the register on the CC1101.

Thanks again

Hello!

Im having a hard time compiling and installing firmwares for the RFBee’s.

my first intention was to modify the firmware and add code for a 32x16 led matrix, however after the problems with compiling the firmware Im aiming at just reinstalling 1.1 on the RFBee and using a separate Arduino leonardo to drive the led matrix.

which firmware is the one that the RFBee’s are shipped with?

there are several linked from the wiki (http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=RFbee_V1.1_-_Wireless_Arduino_compatible_node )

I managed to install the file refeered to as “RFbee firmware for Arduino 1.0(new)” http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/File:RFBee20121224.zip
but the problem with this firmware is that it doesnt seem to have the +++ command mode?
nothing happens when I enter +++.

is there a clean 1.1 available that is working in 1.03?
br
Stefan

Seems like the problem might have been that I was using linux. Running windows XP I was able to compile the github hosted code on both 0019 and 0020.
http://code.google.com/p/rfbee/downloads/detail?name=RFBee_v1_1.zip&can=2&q=

Hi - I also had problems compiling the new RFBee Arduino 1.0 files on Linux. To resolve this, I opened all the files in a good text editor (Sublime Text editor) and saved all the files with Unix line endings. Then, I changed line 26 of RFBeeCore.h from this:
#include “RFBEEGlobals.h”

to:

#include “RFBeeGlobals.h”

Then on my Linux system the example sketch compiled happily :slight_smile:

Regarding the use of AT commands, it seems in the new Arduino firmware for Arduino 1.0, the approach is to set the various configuration parameters and modes directly in the code. As a developer I think I like this approach, although there is no documentation other than the example sketch to get you going. Anyway, looking at the code in RFBeeConfig.cpp allowed me to change a couple of simple things - for example I wanted to set the destination and source address of my RFBees so I did that by hacking RFBeeConfig.cpp (lines 37 and 38) like this:

EEPROM.write(CONFIG_DEST_ADDR,2);
EEPROM.write(CONFIG_MY_ADDR,1);
Maybe there is a better way, and I’m sure the library will improve over time. Thanks to the author for their fantastic work by the way…