Feedback

Can't find a proper forum to drop the topic, drop here.

Moderator: violet

chao.zhang
Kindergarten
Kindergarten

Feedback

Post by chao.zhang » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:26 pm

Dear Recipe Users,

We've always wanted to make our Recipe the best place for makers explore ideas, share experiences, and discuss
with others about their cool projects.

Feedback on the Recipe from each one of the Recipe Users shows great values to us.

If you have any questions or feedback on the use of Recipe, please comment below or send an E-mail to: recipe@seeed.cc, we will contact you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support.

Chao Zhang
Recipe Team

timmyreyes88
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Re: Feedback

Post by timmyreyes88 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:36 pm

I can finally make a recipe ugh the previous version was really crap and I lost hope I guess this new version will do now :)

terry.ouyang
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by terry.ouyang » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:52 pm

timmyreyes88 wrote:I can finally make a recipe ugh the previous version was really crap and I lost hope I guess this new version will do now :)
If anything uncomfortable with, please let us know ;)

We're still working on a better way of editing recipe.
Terry Ouyang
Recipe Team

dusht.ahuja
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by dusht.ahuja » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:15 am

Hi,

Have just published my recipe and had the following problems:
  • You should have provision for step-by-step instructions like instructables
    Ordered List does not show up with numbers
    Pressing Backspace takes you to the previous page losing your changes
    The Toolbar should stay visible - when you scroll down or write a lot of text - it goes up and you have to keep scrolling up to access the tools
But much better than earlier versions. Thanks

terry.ouyang
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by terry.ouyang » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:44 am

dusht.ahuja wrote:Hi,

Have just published my recipe and had the following problems:
  • You should have provision for step-by-step instructions like instructables
    Ordered List does not show up with numbers
    Pressing Backspace takes you to the previous page losing your changes
    The Toolbar should stay visible - when you scroll down or write a lot of text - it goes up and you have to keep scrolling up to access the tools
But much better than earlier versions. Thanks
Thank you for your feedback.

Actually you can build step-by-step instructions with "Header 2" formatting just as before (we'll emphasize this information in later update).

And we'll look into the other problems you mentioned. Thanks for the suggestions.
Terry Ouyang
Recipe Team

oakkar7
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by oakkar7 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:11 pm

I accidentally add UPDATES and want to delete it in my recipe. Cannot find a setting for delete/edit UPDATES.
How can I do this ??

http://www.seeedstudio.com/recipe/418-f ... mware.html

terry.ouyang
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by terry.ouyang » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:19 pm

oakkar7 wrote:I accidentally add UPDATES and want to delete it in my recipe. Cannot find a setting for delete/edit UPDATES.
How can I do this ??

http://www.seeedstudio.com/recipe/418-f ... mware.html
Hi Oak, due to the restriction of our development resource, I'm still trying to fix it. Will update you later...
Terry Ouyang
Recipe Team

frank_motta
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Re: Join us, and Vote it!

Post by frank_motta » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:47 pm

Use of google+ and facebook forces people to disclose far more information than is really needed to use a forum for getting questions answered. I vote AGAINST g+. Nobody should need to provide the amount of required info that these sites force to ask questions about your product. The intelligent choice is to avoid G+ and facebook for a product forum (well, avoid them all together is best).

brad.topping
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by brad.topping » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:43 pm

Great to see that things are getting up and running. My first suggestion would be to enable clear communication, by allowing someone privileges to make changes to a post, or provide feedback on specific posts where their could be confusion due to grammatical or language errors. For example, I came across a phrase under the topic "Access the GPIO Pins based on Different IDEs" where, after the explanation for Arduino IDE for Rephone, under the image which attempts to provide some clarity, the phrase "This ain't about rocket science, this is about making the difference." to be very confusing; as the diagram has multiple ways this could be interpreted, if intended at all to be a reference to anything in the diagram.(Means Not Accessible) In yellow writing could be one of them...Anyways, if there was some administrators that could make changes to some grammar and phrases to provide more clarity in certain places I think it would be great...
Can't wait to see what things look like in a year, keep up the good start...
YellowCake
YellowCake

brad.topping
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by brad.topping » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:14 pm

Definitely clear classifications of topics would be a good first step. Maybe starting by what stage of developer we are dealing with. Example Noob Questions, Grade 3 Questions, and Advanced Questions for starters...
YellowCake
YellowCake