Postage service lost your parcel? Seeed Studio won't help

I placed a fairly substantial order at the beginning of last month, and paid extra for EMS express postage (given as 5 -7 Business days). After no updates on the tracker for 3 weeks, I emailed customer support. Very unhelpful. Twice, they’ve completely ignored my questions, and copied and pasted the following:

“the information has updated, looks like it is on the way, please kindly wait for few days.”

The information still hasn’t updated since it’s initial entry into the system. They’ve ignored my questions regarding whether the parcel was insured, beyond a vague " if the order lost , we will resend".

It’s been over 4 weeks without a single update . The order is now almost certainly lost, but Seeed Studio are refusing to honour their promise. Given that the last response was another copy and paste, I actually get the impression that they’re trying to delay me beyond the Paypal 45 day dispute period. Unfortunately for me, I thought they were a reputable company, and chose to pay with Alipay…

The issue is caused by EMS’s recent change to their shipping policies, however, I expected Seeed Studio to be more helpful. Simply answering the questions posed in my emails to support regarding insurance and procedures for lost packages, or following up on the status of the parcel like they said they would, could have made this a much more pleasant experience.

My suggestion to other potential buyers is to make sure you pay using Paypal, and make sure you lodge a dispute within the 45 day timeframe if you haven’t received your package. Don’t expect much from customer service.

If the value of the order had been less, I would have put it down as bad luck and moved on. As it stands, I appear to be substantially out of pocket, and the experience with customer service has meant that I can’t recommend this company to others, and most likely won’t be doing business with them again.

Hey guymcc,

This is Leslie and I am the marketing director at Seeed. I am sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and bad customer service.

Since it is close to the Christmas and too many parcels accumulated in carrier’s warehouse waiting for shipping, the shipping time would be longer than normal. However, 4 weeks for EMS is definitely unusual. It should be lost as you said.

I swear we never think of delay you beyond the Paypal 45 day dispute period. The reputation is much more important than the money for us. Would you please let me know if the problem was figured out now? If not, please let me know your order number. I will follow up it and get back to you with a satisfied solution as soon as possible.

Apologize again for the bad service and thanks for your feedback. This is a good lesson for us. I will arrange team to discuss and try best to improve!

Leslie Liao

After I did not hear back from customer service for another week, I sent an email suggesting that I would lodge a dispute with the credit card company unless they could demonstrate that a package was actually sent (I had not received the certificate of posting, which I needed to be able to make an inquiry with the postage service).

I received a response within 24 hours - asking me to wait another week for the package. They’ve promised a refund if the package doesn’t arrive by tomorrow. I’m not hopeful.

Parcels get lost, particularly around this time of year. I can understand that. What I can’t understand is why it takes seven weeks for an item that was supposed to take 7 days to arrive, before it is acknowledged that there is a problem. My first email to support was after 24 days of no updates. If the problem had been dealt with then, I would have been a satisfied customer.

The equipment was for a conservation project being run in Africa, where tracking collars are being developed to counter horrific wildlife poaching. As a direct result of the seven week wait, I cannot get the parts in time to complete a critical part of the system. I leave for Africa on Wednesday.

The order number was 95708. If you could ensure that the refund is processed without significant delay, that would be appreciated.

Thanks for the reply.

It is night in China now and I will follow up the refund tomorrow morning when I arrive at the office.

We met quite a lot of cases that when we process the refund the customers informed us they got the parcel. So that is why our customer service stuff always persuade the customers wait for a longer. But for your case, it is definitely our fault. We have no reason to make you wait for such a long time. I am sure your order was sent out. However, I would like to refund as a compensation.

I will talk to the logistic team as well to see the possibility that switching to a better carrier and building an offshore warehouse to optimize the shipping.

Your project sounds really meaningful. We could sponsor the products to this project if you still need them!

Leslie Liao

Finally, confirmation that the parcel was lost. My reward? ‘Please wait another week for the refund to be processed’.

Hey,

The refund was proceed yesterday. Please check and let me know if you don’t get it. Thanks!

Leslie Liao

solved the problem , thanks.

The issue is caused by EMS’s recent change to their shipping policies, however, I expected Seeed Studio to be more helpful. Simply answering the questions posed in my emails to support regarding insurance and procedures for lost packages, or following up on the status of the parcel like they said they would, could have made this a much more pleasant experience.