Code Generator for LinkItONE

I extending pfodDesigner to support LinkItONE.
When complete it will generate code for bluetooth, wifi or SMS connections between LinkItONE and pfodApp
for menu driven control.

More details to follow.

cool~
does it a schedule for it?
If there’s anything need my help, please tell me.

I have just released pfodApp with SMS connections and updated pfodDesigner with SMS support using the Seeed Studio’s SIM900 shield and published the Arduino support libraries (forward.com.au/pfod/pfodPars … index.html)

For details of the SMS connection design see forward.com.au/pfod/pfodSMS/ … esign.html

Currently awaiting arrival of my LinkItONE board to migrate the SMS library to it and update pfodDesigner. So you could ask them to hurry up and send the board.

In the mean time I am writing up a sample project, turning the house Hot Water heater on and off via SMS so you can turn the hot water on before you arrive home after being away (and check you turned it off when you went)

Could you use pfodApp to gain the GPS longitude and latitude information of the linkit one, then call map and show the Linkit one’s location on the map? thanks

I assume you need Android’s map, in that case no.
Might be a useful addition.

Check out forward.com.au/pfod/pfodSpecification.pdf for the current functionality provided by pfodApp.

Just put up an example SMS project using SeeedStudio’s SIM900 GPRS shield. All the code is generated for you by pfodDesinger
forward.com.au/pfod/pfodSMS/ … index.html

Version 1.2.564 of pfodDesigner has been released and has experimental support for LinkIt ONE bluetooth connection.
pfodDesigner is available free on GooglePlay

In the Generate Code menu click on Serial to change the connection and scroll down to the LinkIt ONE bluetooth connection.
It is marked as experimental because V1.0.42 of LinkIt ONE library stops accepting bluetooth connections after a few mins.
Hopefully this will be fixed with the next update to the library and firmware.

Version 1.2.565 of pfodDesigner has been released and has experimental support for LinkIt ONE Wifi connection.
pfodDesigner is available free on GooglePlay

In the Generate Code menu click on Serial to change the connection and scroll down to the LinkIt ONE Wifi connection.
It is marked as experimental because V1.0.42 of LinkIt ONE library will not accept any more wifi connections if the current client does not exit cleanly.
Hopefully this and the other problems will be fixed with the next update to the library and firmware.

I am now working on SMS connections to LinkIt ONE.

As preparation I have modified pfodSecurity library to remove all the Atmel 8bit AVR assembler and replace it with C code.

However I have now come across another issue.
How to access eeprom on LinkIt ONE

As part of the security (see forward.com.au/pfod/secureCh … index.html for all the details)
I store the password and the number of connections and the number of power cycles in eeprom.

When I compile the Arduino code I get this error
…\Arduino\libraries\pfodParser\pfodMAC.cpp:12:24: fatal error: avr/eeprom.h: No such file or directory
#include <avr/eeprom.h>

So I need to start using the EEPROM library instead.

Changed to using EEPROM library to remove the above compile error.

Two problems
i) #include <EEPROM.h> does not work in my .cpp file inside my library directory libraries/pfodParser …
I need to put a copy of this include in the main sketch to get the pre-processing to set up the correct include paths.

ii) LinkIt ONE does not use EEPROM.h instead it uses LEEPROM.h, which again needs to be put in the main sketch also.
This means I will need to have two slightly different copies of the pfodParser library, one for ‘standard’ Arduino and one for LinkIt ONE

I have published a pfodLinkIt library for LinkIt ONE. The library handles Bluetooth and Wifi connections with optional 128 bit security. see forward.com.au/pfod/pfodPars … index.html

I have also updated the free pfodDesigner V1.2.573, to work with this library when you generate code for LinkIt bluetooth or wifi. see play.google.com/store/apps/deta … odDesigner
and forward.com.au/pfod/pfodDesigner/index.html

The next and final task is to modify the existing pfodSMS_SIM900 library to work with LinkIt ONE to provide the SMS connection in addition to the bluetooth and wifi ones above.

Interesting that your project does not look like a commercial product, but you pay two trademarks for it. Just curious… :slight_smile: