Upgrading ds203 unsure of Hardware . guidance needed

Hi

I recently purchased a DS 203 Nano that does not have a slot for an SD card

I am asking please guide me to the correct software and procedure to upgrade my ds203

Thank you

Ed

Hi,

Please refer to <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.minidso.com/forum.php?mod=at … A0fDB8ODYy”>http://www.minidso.com/forum.php?mod=attachment&aid=MzU4M3wzOWZjNjBjN3wxNTM0MTQ2MjA0fDB8ODYy</LINK_TEXT> thanks.

Bill

the device boots up so quick that I didn’t notice the following info (my appology):

hardware version 2.82

DS203 mini DSO sys version 1.64

DS203 mini DSO APP (PLUS A1) Ver 1.13

reload parameter form disk

hello bill.yu

when I click on the provided link, nothing happens, but I will check out that web address. I think I actually visited there before the device arrived in the mail. thanks.

thanks bill.yu, I have downloaded the manual.

this is from the manual:

‘Open Web to access www.minidso.com , download the latest

firmware of your oscilloscope to your PC’

the documentation that I received with the device says that I need to copy hex files to the root of the device and wait until the hex file becomes a rdy file. I copied the V364_APP.HEX file to the device and it became V364_APP.HEX.ERR

I don’t want to brick my device. I’ve already read several threads where the device owner did just that.

I don’t like to be critical of a website, so I will accept all of the blame for the fact that I cannot definitively find the correct software, files, and/or the correct procedure for upgrading this device at the minidso website. the info could be right in front of my face, but I am not seeing it.

I actually WANTED to use benf’s upgrade, but as it stands right now, it looks like I won’t be upgrading this thing at all.

could somebody here PLEASE point me in the right direction here? maybe for a link to the latest firmware I am seeking.

here is all of the info I can provide at this time.

hardware version 2.82

DS203 mini DSO sys version 1.64

DS203 mini DSO APP (PLUS A1) Ver 1.13

device firmware upgrade V3.46C

I notice that people there are asking for license info. is THAT required?

thank you for the help. it is MUCH appreciated.

Hi there, i talked to product owner and he suggests to return to factory. but it seems the shipment is quite expensive. Sorry, do you mind shipping back for repair? thanks.

Bill

thank you bill.yu

I think I will wait and see if I can find a way to fix it. to pay again only to have the stock firmware seems like no benefit. if I knew I was going to have the benf firmware, I could see the point in it.