DSO nano new bootloader firmware

This is what I get on the DSO screen:

digital storage oscilloscope
Serial: E3BB8BD2 Licence: D6122382
Device Firmware Upgrade V3.22A
Please copy Hex or Bin file to
the DFU virtual USB disk

You need to copy the files to the new drive that appears on your computer. You need the special files that Alf has provided in this thread (see this thread to get them).

Ben

I have done that - ie I have downloaded the BenF364_LIB353 zip file, extracted the files V353_LIB.HEX and V364_APP.HEX and copied them to my DSO [drive DFU_V3_22_A (E:)]. However, the contents of my DSO immediately change to V353_LIB.ERR and V364_APP.RDY, and when I switch on the DSO, I get the
BenF System Initialising
Please Wait
(LIB ver 3.53) screen, and nothing else - it doesn’t work any more! Please help me!!

Please copy them one by one - and wait for the drive to reappear after each file with *.RDY. When both files are there, wait for an additional 10 seconds or so then reboot.

See the post made by “jay_hagga” above.

Ben

Thank you so much - that seems to have worked!!

Hi alf,

Cann’t wait to post your Benf firmware of hex files to our wiki page ! Could we ?
We appreciate to your sharing .

Deray

Hi, from my side there are no restrictions on the files. Anyone can use them. But it is the software of BenF. He has to be asked. alf

hi i just changed the firmware of my dso201 that i purchased from ebay, to benf firmware files that alf created, and i just say that is better than the firmware it comes fron distributor, the only thing is when a try to generate a signal above 500khz the dso counts down (set fr to 600khz it measures 400khz, 700khz measures 294khz, 900khz measures 100khz,
dso is supposte to generate up to 1mhz test frequency an analog bandwidth of 1mhz whit 1msps.

this seems to be a bug of firmware please let me know if another firmware version is better to measure frequency,thanks.

also it has a 500khz bandwidth, not the 1mhz that is claimed.

Fixed! Awesome!!

Thanks alf for the modified firmware files :smiley: It’s now better than the original firmware.

the sine wave is no wave at all, the peaks and low points are points instead of round…any ideas that would help me to round the peaks out. all that happens while i’m adjusting my amp gain is the entire sine rises instead of increasing in freq. incase this doesn’t work out, how can i get back to the original firmware? i have a minidso from edesign. thanks

:sunglasses: With the assistance of Dean of Wolverhampton (guiding me through some of my “firmware knowledge blind spots” by telephone), my thanks to Alf for the very useful update to DSO201. I’ve a lot to learn!! Thanks to both of you guys.

Help!! I recently bought a DSO nano from an ebay source (UK stock). Serial DECCACC4; Licence 035BACD2; Firmware V3.26D. Seems to be the genuine article.

I failed to download the recommended bootloader and firmware upgrade because the website referenced was in Chinese, in which I have zero capability. Even using Google translate it was impossible to navigate. However, having read such good things about BenF’s firmware, I decided to go for that, and after a long trawl round websites, I ended up here following everyone’s apparent successes.

OK, so I booted up the DSO with the ‘-’ button held down, copied one hex file to the virtual DSO drive, waited for the latter to vanish and reappear with the extension revised, then copied the other one. Waited a good couple of minutes, ejected the virtual DSO, and disconnected. Switched on the DSO…just got a blank flickering whitish screen, which stopped flickering if I pressed the (top) pause button but stayed blank. Seemed to be bggr*d.

Tried the whole procedure again. At least the DSO’s ‘awaiting upgrade’ screen was intact, but the second attempt was no more successful. I seem to have completely trashed the thing, and would be glad to get back to any firmware, although preferably the BenF. I have no idea where else to find the manufacturer’s firmware.

Anyone got any ideas, please?

So far it looks like the 3.26d bootloader is not working with benf but here is the stock firmware it is only one file
201V4_21.zip (37.7 KB)

Thanks so much!!! You saved my bacon. The gadget is back in working order.

Pity about benf - if anyone manages to solve that please let us know.

I second that!

After hours of unsuccessful attempts to flash the BenF firmware last night I quickly came to realise my new Amazon purchase is running the 3.26d boot loader. :frowning:

One thing I have noticed is the stock firmware for this unit is a single HEX file and not two separate LIB and APP HEX files as is the case with all the available versions of BenF’s firmware.

I did try copying both HEX files into one file and applying that but it didn’t make any difference.

Maybe the firmware just needs to be recompiled into a single file like the stock firmware is?

I have the same problem whit 3.26d there is no way to use the actual benf firmware.
Anyone has ideas on how to solve
Thanks
Flavio

Another vote for this, I have the same problem with firmware 3.26D,
The unit was bought from Amazon in the UK.

Would really like a way to install the BenF software, the unit doesn’t really do what I want it to in its current state.

[size=150]Hi There I too have exactly the same problem, I tried the dfuse and benf routine, useless…I tried the 2 hex files, copies perfectly ok, everything ok went from hex to rdy whatever, checked on the computer on e:/ programs on there ok, disconnect usb lead and put it back, programs still there, turn it of and on again, blank white screen, looked on computer again drive empty, it wont keep the hex files/rdy files whatever you do, wonder if there is anyway to put the original program back on, at least that worked, if anyone ever finds out please let me know, before I throw it away, done everything I can think of, might want to watch u tube clips on the nano, plenty of them,best wishes…Fred Nr London,[/size]