Alcohol sensor 1.2

Hello,

I’m a student and I need your help to finish my work.

I have to explain how the schematic work, I mean how can we turn alcohol sensor’s voltage into a voltage that Alduino can use ? (with the resistors, capacitors…)

Sorry for my english, it’s not my native language.

Thanks you.
Grove - Alcohol Sensor v1.2.pdf (17.9 KB)

Hello,

You mean, you want to use arduino to read the sensor values?

Don’t worry, this grove is designed for seeeduino board. You just need to complete the example on the website.

If you did not buy Base Shield, you can also connect a0, A1 and development boards through jumpers.

And you can ask me when you have any questions.

Hi, I found out that the alcohol sensor does not work on Arduino Uno R3, as when it’s attached to the board, Arduino IDE 1.8.13 returns error messages and the serial monitor won’t show anything (I did reset and restart IDE, but the error keeps coming on if the sensor is attached and no error when sensor is disconnected). But it works on Lotus 1.1, and will try on seeduino v4.2.

Also I found that the RS_air value stabilizes at 14.xx on some days, but 10.xx on other days, so not sure which to use. I waited 48 hours for it to stabilize. Is this the value that we should replace in the second sample code in the seeed instruction page for the sensor?

Thanks.

update with Lotus 1.1, the RS_air value starts out around 90 and now decreasing gradually. Its the opposite when using seeeduino v4.2 where it starts out low at single digits and stagnates in the teens.

update: sensor is temperature sensitive (very). cold temp increases the RS_air value, warmer lowers it, and by a lot. Is there a manufacturer’s recommendation regarding this?

Here is the specification of the sensor.I hope it can help you.

Thank you Baozhu,

Unfortunately it appears that operating temperature must be at 20 Celcius and humidity 65% as recommended.