Grove 4 channel SSR Python library

Hello,

I am looking for a Python library and example for the Grove 4 channel Solid State Relay. I don’t know how to use the I2C interface and I found only example for Arduino and C/C++ code.

Can someone help me ?

Thanks

Hi there,

You have to rewrite the python library base on arduino library. I will bring the topic to software team and see if they can add the python library into their to do list. thanks.

HI there,

We checked with software team, they target to release 4 grove python library per week. They will prioritize this sensor’s python library. thanks.

Great news ! Thanks :wink:

Hi there,

the grove-4 channel ssr works with 5v, the raspberry pi works with 3.3v. so it is not compatible. If we connect the 5v to grove-4 channel ssr, the sda and scl voltage will be 5v as well, but the raspberry pi sda scl voltage is 3.3v, it will damage the raspberry pi io. So we need some additional devices, such as Grovepi+, which has the converter between 5v and 3.3v.

by the way, the reason behind of the 5v working voltage is that if we use the 3.3v , it can not fully turn off the relay, there will be some current leakage. You can test it by yourself. So we suggest to use 5v.

thanks.

Hi Bill.Yu,

I know this topic is old… But the need for this library still exists.
We’re using an ESP32 and micropython.
The ESP32 is able to work with 5V.

Is there any chance you could create a library for this?

regards,
Chris