Calibrating GSR sensor

Hi,

I’ve just got my Grove GSR sensor, along with a GrovePi+ and a Raspberry Pi. I’m following the process at http://wiki.seeedstudio.com/Grove-GSR_Sensor/, and I’m adjusting the potentiometer until I get a reading of 512. However my sensor values always jump from around 535 down to ~25, no matter how slowly I turn the screw. Is this normal?

[attachment=0]GroveGSR.PNG[/attachment]

I also can’t seem to get any changes in reading when wearing the sensor. It does seem to be somewhat working, as if I touch the electrodes together I get readings near 0.

I’m using the grove_analog_read.py script from the git repo.

Can you provide me with any hints to get it working properly?

Cheers,

- Rob
GroveGSR.PNG

Hi Rob

I just tested it and please use the screw driver to rotate 1 direction first and make it tight. then you can release the screw slowly. here is my output. thanks.

sensor_value = 519

sensor_value = 518

sensor_value = 516

sensor_value = 519

sensor_value = 518

sensor_value = 518

sensor_value = 518

sensor_value = 519

sensor_value = 519

sensor_value = 518

sensor_value = 518

sensor_value = 519

sensor_value = 518

sensor_value = 517

sensor_value = 518

sensor_value = 518

sensor_value = 517

Hello! I’m in the same case that is described above, also when I connect more than one sensor in one ESP32 board the sensor read incorrect values

Hi, I am using seeeduino. Is it normal the following code to still produce the same values, regardless of whether or not I have the sensor connected?

[code]
const int GSR=A0;

void setup(){
Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop(){
Serial.println(analogRead(GSR));
}
[/code]

I am also trying to follow the wiki tutorial, but I am unable to get any meaningful data from the sensor…

This code is just displaying the analog data in the range of 0-1023. Which is a raw data of the sensor. You need to convert it into gas data by using calculations in order to get meaningful out.

I hope it will help you.

Can someone explain why calibrate for a value of 512?

Shouldn’t we calibrate at 1024 instead? so it is the highest value without wearing the sensor?