Grove 3-Axis Digital Accelerometer stuck when reading xyz

Happy New Year, everyone!

I’m sorry to start the year off with another problem…

I’m having issues setting up the 3-axis digital accelerometer (±1.5g) for a uni project I’m working on:

I’m running Raspian 10 on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2.

I installed the Grove Pi Software using </s>curl -kL dexterindustries.com/update_grovepi | bash<e> and updated the firmware.

After connecting the Grove 3-Axis Digital Accelerometer (±1.5g) to the I2C-1 Port and running the grove_i2c_accelormeter.py file in ~/Dexter/GrovePi/Software/Python the process gets stuck. Terminating through Control+C does not work and I have to close the Console to kill the process.

I have also attached the log generated by Dexter Industries’ “Test and Troubleshoot” Program.

I looked at it and while it says that it cannot find wiringPi and that I2C and SPI are still in the blacklist, I checked and the system both has the latest version of wiringpi and the /etc/modprobe.d/raspi-blacklist.conf file is empty.

While looking for a fix, I already enabled both I2C and SPI through raspi-config AND added
</s>dtparam=i2c1=on dtparam=i2c_arm=on dtparam=i2s=on dtparam=spi=on<e> to my /boot/config.txt file.

journalctl also didn’t give me any direct clues on what’s wrong as there don’t seem to be problems with loading related modules.

I’d be super happy for any help I can get - as the final presentation date gets closer and closer :smiley:

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards,

Lukas

log.txt:

Hi,

can you try the Accelerometer with an Arduino and make sure that the sensor working fine, then we can further followup the problem?