Arduino MKR WiFi 1010 Relay activation

Hello,

I was planning to use an Arduino MKR WiFi 1010 + MKR Grove Carrier + Grove-Relay (SKU 103020005) as a solution for some remote control operations, but reading the specifications of the relay activation of the Grove-Relay and the DC Current per I/O Pin(7 mA) of the Arduino MKR WiFi 1010, it seems that the last one is not capable for such an activation. Can someone give another Grove solution in the market for 250VAC operation?

Thanks

Hi There

do not worry, We have a drive circuit on our Relay.

Hello,

as I said, the Grove-relay module connected to the ‘Arduino MKR Connector Carrier + Arduino MKR WiFi 1010’ set does not work. When activating a digital output the led of the Grove-relay module lights so dim and the relay doesn’t turn on.

Hi There

maybe you should use code that only include high or low change with Voltage
[code]
#define LED_BUILTIN 2
void setup() {
// initialize digital pin LED_BUILTIN as an output.
pinMode(LED_BUILTIN, OUTPUT);
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() {
digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, HIGH); // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
delay(1000); // wait for a second
digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, LOW); // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW
delay(1000); // wait for a second
}
[/code]
and i’m succeeded through this code to contrel the Relay :smiley:

Thanks for the answer,

i’ve got the same behavior as I mentioned in my last post with your code. Always talking with the hardware configuration described in my first post.

Hello,

as comented before, whith the hardware configuration of the picture with your code the led lights very weakly and the relay does not turn on.

Any help would be appreciated.
20191015_064947.jpg

Hello everybody,

I’ve just received a new Grove-relay and it works perfectly… everything was fine from the very begining except for the Grove-relay wich was defective.

:x

I’ve used two of the same relay and neither one works with the same setup as yours.

They should not advertise that this works with a 3.3V digital output. Most, apparently, do not.