Grove NFC v1.1 does not work with UART

Grove is a modulated, ready-to-use tool set.
Much like Lego, it takes a building block approach to assembling electronics.

Moderators: lily.li, violet, jeremy882, crail.lyu969

ryoku12345
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:57 pm

Re: Grove NFC v1.1 does not work with UART

Post by ryoku12345 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:31 pm

bill.yu wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:37 pm
Hi ~, We see the same issue and we are looking @ the issue and keep you posted. thanks.
Hi there,

thanks for investigating this issue. I will wait for any news regarding this problem.

testpresta2
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:45 pm

Re: Grove NFC v1.1 does not work with UART

Post by testpresta2 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:58 pm

Thanks for your answer.

Why your library and your screenshots shows a PN532_SPI folder (and your sample programs) if your board cannot manage it ? I wasted a lot of time.

I am working with an Arduino Mega and a Grove Shield (i have tried the 2 shields: base and mega). It is impossible to make for the i2c connection.

Should i work with Wire or Wire1 (TwoWire) ?

Thanks

testpresta2
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:45 pm

Re: Grove NFC v1.1 does not work with UART

Post by testpresta2 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:08 pm

I am sorry but i do not understand anything.

If i want to work with i2c, i have to sold TP3 to SDA, TP2 to SCL, P1 to I2C.
The documentation says i have to "cut" connexions to TX, RX and UART. But i cannot see them.

Thanks

ryoku12345
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:57 pm

Re: Grove NFC v1.1 does not work with UART

Post by ryoku12345 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:54 pm

testpresta2 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:08 pm
I am sorry but i do not understand anything.

If i want to work with i2c, i have to sold TP3 to SDA, TP2 to SCL, P1 to I2C.
The documentation says i have to "cut" connexions to TX, RX and UART. But i cannot see them.

Thanks
Hi,

the connections are on the PCB. You can use a knife to cut the connection between P1 and Uart.
After that check the connection between P1 and Uart with a multimeter.
I did use the Grove NFC v1.1 module with I2C. At first it did not work. After switching SDA and SCL on my Arduino it worked.
I do not know if it is supposed to be that way, but I was glad it worked after that.

testpresta2
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:45 pm

Re: Grove NFC v1.1 does not work with UART

Post by testpresta2 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:33 pm

Thanks very much for your help.

I cannot see any connexion between UART and P1. Look: This is a fresh and new Grove NFC 1.1 module:

Image

There are no connexion between UART and P1...

Can we have an official answer from seeed about this SDA and SCL inversion ?

Thanks

ryoku12345
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:57 pm

Re: Grove NFC v1.1 does not work with UART

Post by ryoku12345 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:24 pm

Hi there,
the connection between P1 and UART is on the PCB. Bill.yu has posted the schematic of the module (05 Aug 2019 15:41). There u can see the connection between the two pads. I edited your picture for clarification.

Image

ryoku12345
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:57 pm

Re: Grove NFC v1.1 does not work with UART

Post by ryoku12345 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:11 pm

ryoku12345 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:31 pm
bill.yu wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:37 pm
Hi ~, We see the same issue and we are looking @ the issue and keep you posted. thanks.
Hi there,

thanks for investigating this issue. I will wait for any news regarding this problem.
Hi,

any news about the issue?

bill.yu
Junior-7
Junior-7
Posts: 732
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:05 am

Re: Grove NFC v1.1 does not work with UART

Post by bill.yu » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:19 pm

Hi there~

The uart works, please refer to the library and the code @ bottom as well. thanks

https://github.com/Seeed-Studio/Seeed_Arduino_NFC

http://wiki.seeedstudio.com/Grove_NFC/

Code: Select all

#include <NfcAdapter.h>
#include <PN532/PN532/PN532.h>
#if 0
#include <SPI.h>
#include <PN532/PN532_SPI/PN532_SPI.h>
PN532_SPI pn532spi(SPI, 9);
NfcAdapter nfc = NfcAdapter(pn532spi);
#elif 1

#include <PN532/PN532_HSU/PN532_HSU.h>
PN532_HSU pn532hsu(Serial1);
NfcAdapter nfc(pn532hsu);
  
#else

#include <Wire.h>
#include <PN532/PN532_I2C/PN532_I2C.h>

PN532_I2C pn532_i2c(Wire);
NfcAdapter nfc = NfcAdapter(pn532_i2c);
#endif

void setup(void) {
    SERIAL.begin(9600);
    SERIAL.println("NDEF Reader");
    nfc.begin();
}

void loop(void) {
    SERIAL.println("\nScan a NFC tag\n");
    if (nfc.tagPresent())
    {
        NfcTag tag = nfc.read();
        tag.print();
    }
    delay(5000);
}

ryoku12345
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:57 pm

Re: Grove NFC v1.1 does not work with UART

Post by ryoku12345 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:37 pm

bill.yu wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:19 pm
Hi there~

The uart works, please refer to the library and the code @ bottom as well. thanks

https://github.com/Seeed-Studio/Seeed_Arduino_NFC

http://wiki.seeedstudio.com/Grove_NFC/

Code: Select all

#include <NfcAdapter.h>
#include <PN532/PN532/PN532.h>
#if 0
#include <SPI.h>
#include <PN532/PN532_SPI/PN532_SPI.h>
PN532_SPI pn532spi(SPI, 9);
NfcAdapter nfc = NfcAdapter(pn532spi);
#elif 1

#include <PN532/PN532_HSU/PN532_HSU.h>
PN532_HSU pn532hsu(Serial1);
NfcAdapter nfc(pn532hsu);
  
#else

#include <Wire.h>
#include <PN532/PN532_I2C/PN532_I2C.h>

PN532_I2C pn532_i2c(Wire);
NfcAdapter nfc = NfcAdapter(pn532_i2c);
#endif

void setup(void) {
    SERIAL.begin(9600);
    SERIAL.println("NDEF Reader");
    nfc.begin();
}

void loop(void) {
    SERIAL.println("\nScan a NFC tag\n");
    if (nfc.tagPresent())
    {
        NfcTag tag = nfc.read();
        tag.print();
    }
    delay(5000);
}
Hi there,

sry for my late response. The code works and I am now able to read NFC tags via UART with my Arduino Leonardo. Thanks for solving the issue!

I have another question about a different device. I wanted to connect the NFC reader module to a Blueduino (device link: https://wiki.aprbrother.com/en/BlueDuin ... Guide.html). The BLE module of the Blueduino uses TX and RX (Serial1). I tried using the same code but it did not work. Is there any way I can connect the NFC module to my Blueduino via UART? I would really appreciate if you could help me.

bill.yu
Junior-7
Junior-7
Posts: 732
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:05 am

Re: Grove NFC v1.1 does not work with UART

Post by bill.yu » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:44 pm

Hi there~

It looks like the rx/tx is occupied by the bluetooth module. You can use the software serial to communicate with NFC. thanks.

Post Reply