Need technical support about GSR

Hello , I am now working on a FPGA project and want to use GSR sensor as a analog input. However I check that GSR does not support vivado or any FPGA platform. Is there any solution (like do some connection on breadboard) to make GSR compatible with zedboard?

Thank you.

Hi Wing,

It works with 3.3v or 5v. It is analog signal. If your FPGA IO is below 3.3v, you can supply the vcc to 3.3v/5v, then use the resistance divider to reduce the output signal voltage below 3.3v.

Thanks

best rgds
Bill

Hi Bill,
Is that most of the IO device of seeed can be supported by zedboard (or other FPGA board) as long as the pin can provide 3.3v or 5v ? Will there have the issue of givien not enough voltage to the output since I may need to use DAC/motor drive to control the servo motor.

Also I can use ARM to control the GSR?

Sorry for asking dumb questions…I am new to this field.
BR,
Wing

Sent from my Xperia™ by Sony smartphone

Hi Wing,

1. Is that most of the IO device of seeed can be supported by zedboard (or other FPGA board) as long as the pin can provide 3.3v or 5v?

We do not test it with FPGA, but generally speaking, if the fpga supports 3.3v/5v, fpga includes the ADC, it shall work.

2. Will there have the issue of givien not enough voltage to the output since I may need to use DAC/motor drive to control the servo motor.

If you can supply >3.3V to GSR sensor, it will be OK.

3. Also I can use ARM to control the GSR?

Sorry, We do not have the ARM experience.

Thanks

best rgds
Bill

Hi Bill
Thank you for answering my questions. It helps a lot :).
BR,
Wing

Sent from my Xperia™ by Sony smartphone