Unable to get UART Wifi V2 to work with Base Shield v2 and Arduino Uno

I have a Arduino Uno (R3) and am trying to use WIFI (in the end in want to connect to Blynk). I am unable tog et the Grove Wifi to work.

Grove - UART Wifi V2

Grove Base Shield v2 connected to the Arduino Uno

As soon as I connect the UART wifi v2 to the “UART” port on the base shield, I can no longer upload sketches to the arduino. Somehow it is blocking the arduino?

Is the UART port the correct port?

Hello,

So your real problem is that you can not upload sketches to the Arduino when plugging the wifi grove?

Do not worry, it happens to many groves because of power supply or conflict in Serial Pin, you just need to unplug it and try download again.

Its not that simple: Uploading to arduino is broken 100% when having the wifi in the UART port.

After removing it from UART port arduino uploading immediately works again, but the code will not work.

Note that I did get something working when cnnecting it to the D1 port, but this connection is very unreliable and only works 10% of the time and it will drop the connection after a short time (i also see the wifi API returning corrupt data often)

Long story short:

Does anyone have example code on how these two products -should- work together? (and connected on which shield port?)

http://wiki.seeedstudio.com/Grove-UART_Wifi_V2/

http://wiki.seeedstudio.com/Base_Shield_V2/

Hi Mike,

I have the same setup except UNO. I am using Arduino Leonardo. Here is the example code that I am able send AT commands and get feedback from Wi-Fi module:

void setup() {
// put your setup code here, to run once:
Serial1.begin(115200);
Serial.begin(115200);
}
void loop() {
// put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
while (Serial1.available()){
Serial.write(Serial1.read());
}
while (Serial.available()){
Serial1.write(Serial.read());
}
}

Edit: Wi-Fi module is connected to UART. Also if you are using UNO you may want to define one of your digital ports as your own serial port, as you have only 1 serial available. https://www.arduino.cc/reference/en/language/functions/communication/serial/.

I have the exact same problem! I am both new to arduino and new to grove. Can you pretty please send a working example code with this set up? My setup is the same with OP. Grove wifi v2, put in grove shield v2 on top of an arduino UNO.

#include <Wire.h>

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

void setup() {
// put your setup code here, to run once:
Serial.begin(115200);
Serial.begin(115200);

}
void loop() {
Serial.write(“AT+CWLAP\n \n”);
delay(50);
while (Serial.available()) {
Serial.write(Serial.read());
delay(500);
}

// put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
}
}
}

I am trying to run a code like this but I did not have any success!

I have the same problem. I have connected all this parts toghether and try to run but without sucess as well.
Is it possible that UART WiFI v2 is not compatible with Arduino Uno r3 ?