Example CAN-Shield Comm over DB9

Arduino, Seeeduino Serials and mutants. Share your problems and experence on arduino compatible board such as seeeduino/stalker, etc.

Moderators: violet, salmanfarisvp

player99
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Example CAN-Shield Comm over DB9

Post by player99 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:56 pm

Hello everyone,

First I would like to say that the people at Seeed have done a very good job with the products and the software that they have provided, thumbs up! :)

Coming to my problem, I am very new to CAN though I have some experience working with Arduino. In my current task, I am trying to send CAN messages from MATLAB through a Vector box (VN7600) to the Arduino and from the Arduino to my laptop where I can see the messages on the serial monitor. This is the first step in the project to check if all software and hardware are working.

I burned the "receive_check.ino" example to the Arduino and executed the programe but I am receiving garbage messages. I receive messages even when I send nothing from MATLAB! Could it be because I have connected a DB9 cable from the Vector box to the shield and not directly to the CAN_H and CAN_L? Is there a simple receive example for the Arduino where the messages arrive via DB9?

I would be very helpful if someone can please help me in this matter, thank you!

bill.yu
Elementary-4
Elementary-4

Re: Example CAN-Shield Comm over DB9

Post by bill.yu » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:22 pm

Hi there

Please check baud rate setting on the serial port, make sure it is 115200. thanks.