seeeduino mega compilation error

Arduino, Seeeduino Serials and mutants. Share your problems and experence on arduino compatible board such as seeeduino/stalker, etc.

Moderators: lily.li, salmanfarisvp, violet

Post Reply
jio
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:03 am

seeeduino mega compilation error

Post by jio » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:02 am

Hi, finally i bought a seeduino mega.
but, when i try to Verify and or Upload the Samples\Blink (yea mi first try!) i got this error:

cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-imultilib"
cc1plus: error: invalid option `mcu=atmega1280'
cc1plus: avr51: No such file or directory
cc1plus: warning: -ffunction-sections may affect debugging on some targets

what's going on?

thank's in advance

Juan

User avatar
Jacket Chen
Staff
Staff
Posts: 659
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:25 pm
Are you a staff member of seeedstudio?: yes
Which products/projects are your favorite?: Seeeduino Shields
Location: China

Re: seeeduino mega compilation error

Post by Jacket Chen » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:07 am

Hi,Dear
I have compiled it's demo(Blink) ,but it worked well.
Which board of tools did you choose?Could you provide some pictures for us to show it more clearly, so we can solve your problem more quickly.
Thanks a lot.
Best Regards
Jacket
Love little, love long.

jio
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:03 am

Re: seeeduino mega compilation error

Post by jio » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:21 am

Hi, finally i figured out what was going on.

I have installed MinGW and to make it work i did some "manual configurations" basically some "environement variables" one of them tells the directory of gcc (wich i assume is used somewhere by the arduino software) as soon as i deleted those references, voila, Check started to work.

Then when trying to upload i had some "time outs", i look in forums for same problems and i changed in the boards.txt the following:

from
mega2560.upload.protocol=stk500v2
to
mega2560.upload.protocol=wiring

(http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,115010.0.html)

and i had to change the Manual_reset/Auto switch to Auto to get it work.

from this point on all seems to work ok, i'm using the arduino mega with the tft libraries with out any problem.

regards

Juan

Post Reply