Longan Nano: Can't install dfu, what are the Zadig usb configuration parameters?

I am using Win7 64 bit.

I am trying to run the blink.cpp example for the Sipeed Longan Nano and am stuck on step 6:

6. Install drivers using Zadig

PIO has a built-in dfu-util download tool. To use this tool, you need to install the libusb driver for the development board. (Note: different from GD official driver)

It is recommended to install the winusb driver via Zadig. download link

The “GD32 device in dfu mode” does not appear in the Zadig drop down list.

The Longan nano board does not appear as a USB device in Windows device manager.

Zadig has a work around if a preset device config file can be created but I don’t know the VID, PID, and MI parameters.

Need help getting past this point.

Hi There

mabey you should click Options -> List All Devices ,as below :smiley:

Did you try to press BOOT0 and keep while for short time pres RESET?

I miss this step and no device was visible in device manager in WIN10.

I found this trick, but I moved to another computer with Ubuntu, compile blink and program with dfu-util.

But no blinking was visible. Now I back to Windows computer and Unknow device is visible in Win Device Manager

Zadig software still don’t see the board on the list

Well, it is 11 months later and I am having the same problem. Zadig doesn’t see the device. This is under Window 10 Pro. When I do the boot reset sequence I get an unknown device showing up under device manager and a couple of new entries in Zadig, but they are not “GD32 Device in DFU mode”. I have read of a couple of people who fixed their machine, but it was a load of work with tools I don’t have. Surely someone has fixed this by now, or is everyone just giving up and using linux?

One other thing, when I went to download the USB DFU tool as in step six of getting to blinky, I got a json message saying that it was a big file, but no download.

Hi,
i would like to debug over USB (DFU). How can I make it in Eclipse or Nuclei Studio IDE?

many greetings

Hi,
You can find it 下载站 - Sipeed

many greetings

2+ years later and I believe have the solution for everyone. Try the following if this is happening to you.

Before we begin, a note. Because of the possibility of bricking your WIndoze PC by F-ing with installed device drivers, we really want to sanity check that the Nano is actually getting connection, and there isn’t something physically wrong with it. We do this by putting the nano in boot mode (hold boot button while plugging it in) then looking for the expected Product and Vendor ID’s in device manager. If you get nothing from this first block of steps, then you have something else going on you need to sort out first.

• Click the start/windows button, and start typing “device manager.” Open it.
  • Find the “unknown device” (under “other devices” for me, but you may have to search.)
  • Right click, “Properties”.
  • Go to “Details” tab.
  • Select “Hardware Ids” from the “Property” combo box/list.
  • “Value” display box should read “USB\VID_28E9&PID_0189”

(28E9:0189 is the VID and PID part of the USB descriptor for the Longan Nano in DFU boot loader mode. You will not see this unless your Longan Nano is properly attached to your computer and also in boot loader mode. We now have our device, and therefore can be reasonably sure the rest of the procedure will succeed.)

• Go back to the “driver” tab, and click the “update driver” button.
  • Click “Browse my computer for drivers”
  • Click “Let me pick from a list of available drivers.”
  • Scroll down the list, and pick “Universal Serial Bus Devices”
  • Next, under “manufacturer” click “Undefined Vendor”
  • At this point, you should see “WinUSB Generic Device Version x.y.z” under “Model”
  • Click Next/Yes through the rest, you should be good.

Explanation:

It appears that Window$ is not associating the Longan Nano’s DFU firmware ID’s with a driver. It certainly doesn’t recognize it as a valid reason to let it use WinUSB. Thanks to this, Winbloz simply throws its hands up, calling it an “unknown device” and just leaves it like that. It doesn’t even have the decency to let you know the stuff isn’t installed correctly.

The fix is to manually instruct the (P)OS to use WinUSB as this device’s driver via good old device manager. No need for Zadig, or to install questionable drivers/ini’s, or to compile any software from source. Windos device manager will work just fine. Then PIO will work just fine.

P.S. You REALLY should be using GNU/Linux, it’s better over here, trust me.