PC won't detect Arch Pro board

Hello there, I got an Arch Pro board with the LPC1768 microcontroller and while the board powers on, my PC is not detecting it when I plug it in via USB (I’ve tried connecting the board in both of its ports, to no avail).

What I have tried:

• Plug it in in three Windows 10 PCs and two Linux PCs, none were able to detect the board (I tried plugging it in all the USB ports to make sure the PC was not the problem).
  • Even though I shouldn’t need any additional drivers because the documentation states that in Windows 10 this is not needed, I get an error message when running the dirver exe (latest version) that no microcontroller was detected.
  • I’ve tried pressing and long pressing the button in the board while it’s plugged in, the LEDs restart, but nothing happens.
  • I’ve tried connecting the board while pressing the button and an additional orange LED is flashing, but the PC still does not detect the board.

What happens:
  • The board’s power LED is on
  • One of the output LEDs is turned on with a red light.
  • When plugging it in while pressing the button, an additional LED by the Power LED turns on a flashing orange light.

In summary, I have tried everything I could think of and of the things in the forum, but no PC is detecting the board when I plug it in via USB.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there~

Do you change the usb cables? Please make sure the usb cables support data transfer with 4 wires. If you still can not get it work, please drop mail to techsupport@seeed.cc. thanks.

Hello, the problem was indeed that the cable I was using was not the appropriate one, now my PC can successfully detect the board. There is another problem however:

When I copy a .bin file to the board it restarts and generates a .txt file that says “SWD ERROR”… The board also restarts by itself every 20 seconds (I suspect because it has no bin file to run).

I have already downloaded the latest firmware in bootload mode and the problem persists. I was able to get the blinking LED demo to work once I rebooted my PC, but then it stopped working (the SWD ERROR).

I solved it by going to “Computer Management > Services” and stopping “Storage Service” routine in the “Services” option.

(I believe this solution applies only to Windows) I hope this is able to help others, thank you for your help with the cable issue, bill.yu.