Seeeduino upload error

I am trying to upload a sketch to my new Seeeduino microcontroller, and every time I press “upload to 1/0 board”, the process takes quite a long time and although it says there is no error with the sketch itself, it displays the following error code: “avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00” or “avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30”. What could this mean, and how do I fix it? It’s not a COM port error, as I know I have the right one selected, and I know I have the correct board selected- Arduino Uno on COM6. This is a weird error because I’ve looked all over the Internet for solutions and have found nothing. How do I get my sketch to upload?

I don’t work for Seeed, nor do I own the board in question, but let me try to help. I have a few Arduino-like boards, and have always found that when I get this message, it either means the device is not plugged in, or that I have either the COM port or board type specified incorrectly. There are a few other possible causes, but these are the most obvious.

The Seeeduino description says the following:

Notice that nowhere in the description is “Arduino Uno” mentioned. I don’t think Seeeduino IS an Arduino Uno clone: it is a Duemilanove clone. Try telling the Arduino IDE that you have a Duemilanove instead of an Uno. I can tell you that my Rainbowduino board (also from Seeed) presents itself as a Duemilanove, and the board you have is probably very similar to that.

Please try this and report back on whether it worked or not.

I selected for the first succesfull upload the Arduino NG or older ATmega168. After a few uploads, I was unable to upload again. After this i selected the Diecimila, now its uploading with this board setting (?).

Maybe a worktrough for you (and other readers.)

Greetz

The latest batch (During Oct) of Seeeduino shipped might have wrong fuse, which will cause bootloader sector get skipped. For the first time we upload test program via bootloader, it is all right. But if the device is repowered, the MCU does not go into bootloader anymore.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez