Tiny LEDs on seeeduino stalker: type and consumption?

For your app type (any) how long would your Stalker v2 last (assume no wireless & no charge)?

• Less than 6 hours
  • Between 6 and 12 hours
  • Between 12 and 24 hours
  • Between 1 and 2 days
  • Between 2 and 4 days
  • Between 4 and 7 days
  • Between 7 and 14 days
  • More than 14 days
  • Forever (i.e. solar power vs use enough to recharge every day)
  • Never tried

0 voters

Hello,

my first post today - and let me say your work on your own boards (e.g. seeeduino stalker v2) is astonishing. You’ve managed to integrate most features, at a lower costs to normal arduinos in most cases. Well done.

Can I ask:

I’ve downloaded the schematics and everything - and thanks for keeping this open source - however, I cannot find the specs for certain smaller parts, for example the tiny LEDs that the board has.

The reason is because you recommend that one cuts the soldered bridges that, for example, show the quality of signal between two XBees (RSSI) to preserve power.

Although I often use the D8 LED for feedback (i’m in the test phase currently, and running calculations on autonomy of the device) it only pulses - so that’s fine. However, the RSSI LED is fairly bright and, presumably, uses quite a bit of power. I don’t just want to ‘cut the bridge’ there, without first knowing how much energy it consumes when fully bright. So, is there a datasheet for the specific model somewhere - or any clues on the mA it consumes?

Also, if anyone knows, an extra-point question:

Would it be fair to say that, with a small application that transmits data (using an XBee Series 2, i.e. around 40mW I think) no more than 24-48 times a day and stores data in the SD card while pulsing an LED (again for no more than once or twice every hour) the device can run “”“for ever”"" if the Solar Charger is used, and assuming there are a few hours of daylight every day in rainy UK? What’s a “fair” amount of Xbee Series 2 (non-Pro and Pro) transmissions a day (AT, say 1 line of serial data) per day that would allow it to never run out of battery? I know, there are so many variables in this… but most of you will have tested this countless times.

Bump… :roll:

Thought the forums were more active. :-/

You can vote too… :wink: