Stalker v2 upload problems

Another classic uploading problem for all you experts if you think you can solve it! I’ve been going through all the help files for two days and just can’t seem to work it out! Any help would be sooo appreciated…

Operating system:
Windows Vista
Board:
Seeeduino Stalker v2
Arduino software version:
What I was doing with the board beforehand:
Nothing, its new.

Verbose output on failed download:
[size=85]Binary sketch size: 474 bytes (of a 30720 byte maximum)
C:\Users\Eddie\Arduino stuff\arduino-0022\hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Users\Eddie\Arduino stuff\arduino-0022\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -patmega328p -cstk500v1 -P\.\COM24 -b57600 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\Eddie\AppData\Local\Temp\build9026287862786722287.tmp\BareMinimum.cpp.hex:i

avrdude: Version 5.4-arduino, compiled on Oct 11 2007 at 19:12:32
Copyright © 2000-2005 Brian Dean, bdmicro.com/

System wide configuration file is "C:\Users\Eddie\Arduino stuff\arduino-0022\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port            : \\.\COM24
     Using Programmer      : stk500v1
     Overriding Baud Rate  : 57600

avrdude: ser_open(): setting dtr
avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20]
avrdude: Recv:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: Send: Q [51] [20]
avrdude: Recv:
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

avrdude done. Thank you.[/size]

Other notes:

• The drivers seem to be fine. They work no probs with my Stalker v1, and the COM port shows up in the Tools menu before I try to upload. I repeat, everythings works fine when using my Stalker v1. But when I switch to the v2 that’s when I get the problems.
  • Yes, I’ve changed the board type to the 3.3V pro atmega 328 as per the manual.
  • Nothing’s plugged into into the Stalker when I try to do this.
  • Yes, the UartSB is switched to 5V.
  • My UartSB is last year’s model (see photo)
  • The “CH” (red) and “OK” (green) lights are on when the board is plugged into my UartSB.
  • The UartSB -> Stalker connector I made for the board has reversed the TX and RX connectors as instructed (see photo)…

Thank you so much in advance for any help - I’m about to lose my mind!

Cheers,

Eddie
SAM_7125.JPG

P.S. In case its relevant, I couldn’t install the FTDI driver. Windows just downloaded and installed the drivers it needed without me having a chance to install anything different, but as these seemed to work fine with the Stalker v1, and the v2 makes a COM port show up then I can’t imagine this is the issue!

Ah-ha! Just realised that you DON’T cross over the connectors on the Stalker -> UartSB ribbon cable… despite the labels suggesting so. Yes, I guess I should have read the documentation more carefully - I don’t know why I thought it was telling me to cross the TX and RX wires…

Maybe could an admin just delete this forum topic and pretend this never happened? :slight_smile: