Arduino Mega and Rainbowuino v2.0

Hi,

I am attempting to program a Rainbowuino v2.0 with an Arduino Mega.

I have connected up the tx-tx and rx-rx and other wires as specified, but I am having no luck getting it to work.

The error I get from the Arduino IDE is as follows;

avrdude: Expected signature for ATMEGA328P is 1E 95 0F
Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.

Any ideas? This is driving me insane.

Thanks,
Daniel.

Try to connect TX-RX,and RX to Tx

Hi,

I am following this, but get the following error:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

What “board” do you select in the Arduino IDE (if using a mega)?

Now that we have put a 47Ohm pull up resistor on the Arduino reset pin, will it correctly reset the rainbowduino? Or do we have to manually press reset to make it work properly?

Cheers

Senthil

Also do you connect TX to TX, RX to RX and Reset to DTR?

I know this reply is a bit late but just to point out you can’t program another 168/328 via the Arduino Mega - you can only do this with an Arduino or clone that has a removable DIP package 168/328 chip - which has to be removed so that it doesn’t interfere with the target board/chip. Otherwise the TX line will be driven by two chips at once leading to garbled responses.

See the diagram at the bottom of arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoMini - the host Arduino board has an empty 28 pin IC socket.

I was having trouble programming my new rainbowduino 2.0 with my arduino MEGA 2560.
I originally just got the error:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51after checking this thread and taking some tips from eikcam1 I finally got it working.

I used a wire in between ground and reset to make it stop resetting. Manually reset Rainbowduino before programming.
I had my RX to RX and TX to TX.

I don’t think I would have figured it out without this thread though.