Seeeduino Femto Can't Download

Hi,

I’m trying to download a simple blink sketch (even though there isn’t a user LED), but it always fails the download with:

</s>Sketch uses 10676 bytes (4%) of program storage space. Maximum is 262144 bytes. java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "{runtime.tools.bossac-1.7.0.path}/bossac": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048) at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:26) at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:129) at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.runCommand(SerialUploader.java:383) at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:197) at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:77) at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchController.java:732) at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:703) at processing.app.Editor$UploadHandler.run(Editor.java:2075) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method) at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:386) at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137) at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029) ... 9 more An error occurred while uploading the sketch<e>

I can download the code into other SAMD21 based arduino boards, but not either of the Femto boards.

I tried a double reset to removed the USB storage UF2 access, with the same result.

I’m using the Seeed SAMD Boards v1.6.6 board manager file.

Any help would be appreciated.

–PJE

I got my Femto working now. I ended up trying to use version 1.6.5 of the Seeed SAMD boards. After that, no more issues uploading.

My output:

Sketch uses 10496 bytes (4%) of program storage space. Maximum is 262144 bytes.

Atmel SMART device 0x10010005 found

Device : ATSAMD21G18A

Chip ID : 10010005

Version : v1.1 [Arduino:XYZ] Sep 23 2019 00:45:35

Address : 8192

Pages : 3968

Page Size : 64 bytes

Total Size : 248KB

Planes : 1

Lock Regions : 16

Locked : none

Security : false

Boot Flash : true

BOD : true

BOR : true

Arduino : FAST_CHIP_ERASE

Arduino : FAST_MULTI_PAGE_WRITE

Arduino : CAN_CHECKSUM_MEMORY_BUFFER

Erase flash

done in 0.823 seconds

Write 10752 bytes to flash (168 pages)

[=========== ] 38% (64/168 pages)

[====================== ] 76% (128/168 pages)

[==============================] 100% (168/168 pages)

done in 0.068 seconds

Verify 10752 bytes of flash with checksum.

Verify successful

done in 0.014 seconds

CPU reset.

Thank you very much for your input!

I downgraded to 1.6.5 and the download went through without issue.

I can now look to ordering the PCBs for the new version of a tiny split keyboard using either the Femto or XIAO (with power selection jumpers to handle the differences) mounted within each unit.

–PJE

This is helpful, thanks for sharing.