Atom Node (beaconui Android version)

I purchased a couple of Atom Nodes that I’m trying to make use of and I am unable to get the beaconui Android application to work. It installs fine and runs through the instruction screens without issue, but as soon as you actually try to use the application it simply crashes. I’ve tried it on Android devices from 5.x back to 2.x without success. It just crashes with the error that ‘process.com.seeedstudio.beacon.ui has stopped unexpectedly.’

Is there a newer version of the beaconui application? Or is this something I’ll need to download the source code for and fix myself or just use the Atom Node without the beaconui application as if it were an Arduino Leonardo?

Thank you for any info you can provide.

I am having the same issue. Beaconui installs fine. Tutorials 1-5 fine. Hit “Start Beacon” and crashes. Pop-up states “Unfortunately Beacon UI has stopped”. Tried skipping tutorials and same thing happens. Is there a fix for this? I have three of these things and can’t use any of them. HELP

In case anyone else who has an Atom Node that wants to try out the BeaconUI Android app (a working version) I finally found one here:

https://github.com/yexiaobo-seeedstudio/BeaconUI

the .apk is in the /bin directory

I tested it and works fine on a Samsung Galaxy S6 running Android 7.0

Now, the next question is… where can we find a direct replacement battery for the Atom Node? It seems to use a 10440 Li-ion, but I’ve not been able to find one with the protection circuit and leads/connector pre-soldered. The closest I’ve found so far is one that has tabs that would allow me to remove the connector from the old battery and solder them to the new one, minus the protection circuit board.

Please tell me the new android version mobiles phone battery is so weak.

I purchased a couple of Atom Nodes that I’m trying to make use of and I am unable to get the beaconui Android application to work. It installs fine and runs through the instruction screens without issue, but as soon as you actually try to use the application it simply crashes. I’ve tried it on Android devices from 5.x back to 2.x without success. It just crashes with the error that ‘process.com.seeedstudio.beacon.ui has stopped unexpectedly.’