New Product Ideas: Grove Kit for Maixduino, let us know what you expect to see!

New Product Ideas: Grove Kit for Maixduino, let us know what you expect to see!

Excited to release Maixduino last week, a RISC-V 64 development board for AI + IoT applications, and we know you like it!

We are planning on a Grove Kit for Maixduino, including Maixduino board, OV2640 camera module, 2.4-inch TFT display, Grove base shield and 9 most expected Groves from your feedback.

[list][/list]Please reply with at least 9 of your favorite or needed Grove modules you expect for Maixduino Kit! You can write down more sensors we do not have on the list. The 9 grove modules will be selected by you through votes. In total the Kit will be much cheaper than you buy Maixduino and other Grove modules separately.
[list][/list]Everyone who entered the survey will get $1 coupon for any of Sipeed products.
[list][/list]If we finally adopt your advice into mass production, we will send you another $5 coupon for the kit!
[list][/list]Look forward to your prototypes! Everyone who will buy the kit and send us your prototype with the future Maixduino Kit, we will exclusively send you $10 coupon for order over $100

Grove - 3-Axis Digital Accelerometer(±1.5g)

Grove - Air quality sensor v1.3

Grove - Collision Sensor

Grove - Dust Sensor

Grove - Infrared Reflective Sensor v1.2

Grove - Light Sensor

Grove - Moisture Sensor

Grove - PIR Motion Sensor

Grove - Rotary Angle Sensor

Grove - Sound Sensor

Grove - Temperature Sensor

Grove - Temperature, Humidity, Pressure and Gas Sensor (BME680)

Grove - Time of Flight Distance Sensor(VL53L0X)

Grove - Touch Sensor

Grove - Ultrasonic Ranger

Grove - Water Sensor

PIR Motion Sensor - Large Lens version

Grove - Red LED Button

Grove - Chainable RGB LED v2.0

Grove - RGB LED Stick (10 - WS2813 Mini)

Grove LED Bar v2.0

Grove - 4-Digit Display

Grove - Button

Grove - Buzzer

Grove - I2C Motor Driver

Grove - LCD RGB Backlight

Grove - Servo

Grove - Smart Relay

Mini Servo

Grove - 125KHz RFID Reader

Grove - BLE (dual model)

Grove - MP3 v2.0

Grove - NFC

Grove - I2C Hub

1 Like

Hello Violet,

I am just starting out on testing the MAiXDUiNO. Don’t see any issues with the Grove sensors once I get the display connected. Is there a diagram (or some documentation on how to connect the ribbon between the display and the Maixduino? Logically it appears a straightforward connection but I want to be sure that I have the correct edge of the ribbon to the matching edge of the pin on the Maixduino.

Also, a note for future revision. It would be nice to have some mount for the camera (instead of letting it float - current appearance). The equivalent of the PiXY mount comes to mind. Also, please understand that we would like to use the stereo camera board (if possible) and suitable mounting for this board is desirable.

I am using the Sunfounder RAB baseplate board to host the Maixduino, display and breadboard. The Maixduino and breadboard are easily fixed to the baseplat but the display is held in place with adhesive Velcro strips. it does the job for now but perhaps some Grove baseplate (I am not good in 3D modeling/printing) should be considered in the future by the community because the Maixduino seems to have potential to be better (and cheaper) than Google AIY Vision 1.1 kit.

Kind regards.

Hi Violet!

Excellent idea.

Here are my suggestions:

Grove - I2C Hub

Grove - Sound Sensor

Grove - Speaker

Grove - 3-Axis Digital Accelerometer(±1.5g)

Grove - Temperature & Humidity Sensor Pro

Grove - Light&Gesture&Color&Proximity Sensor

Grove - RGB LED Stick (10 - WS2813 Mini)

Grove - 12-Channel Capacitive Touch Keypad

Grove - Relay

Best regards,

André Curvello

Good idea? Has any progress been established since then?