BAD SERVICE

Anybody else disapointed with the bad technical service / backup they are receiving from SEEED technical support.

Nobody answers and nobody seems to care. I have sent 2 emails to address’s of suggested technical help.

I purchased a OBD product from Digikey so my next drive will be to harass Digikey until they take this up with SEEED or start to withdraw these unsupported products.

1 Like

Hi Col,

We replied the mail on Oct, 30. please let us know if the issue is not solved. thanks.

Date October 30, 2018 10:47 AM

From joney.sui <joney.sui@longan-labs.cc>

To support@seeed.cc

Cc

Col Bek <husaberg@gmx.com>

techsupport <techsupport@seeed.cc>

joney.sui <joney.sui@longan-labs.cc>

Notified

Seeed Customer Support Team <order@seeed.cc>

seeed_support <fae@seeed.cc>

Assignee seeed_support <fae@seeed.cc>

Status open

Channel Email

View original message…

Hide Details

Dear Col,

There is no \r\n after +++

otherwise the board will get an empty command.

that is why error cmd.

dont worry about it, just continue to input others cmd.

thanks.

Joney

I like the products from Seeed bud the logistical services is just terrible!!!

1 Like

Yes agreed. Its very poor I’m my experience. I use tech support all the time and so will know at the first hurdle what type of company I’m dealing with. Things to check with the first response to your tech support query:

Canned Responses
Did they read your email
Who did they sign the email, is there a name, role, telephone number or email address?

Based on my experience with SEED the support (for SenseCap lorawan sensor) the answers to the above questions were. Yes, No and Nothing. To make it even worse thy have link at the bottom of the email where you can only award them a gold star and that is worded to trick you in giving them that! that’s right you cant give bad feedback

How to proceed with a bad support response:

1. Ignore the person who emailed you and ask for an escalation based on that you are unhappy with the tech support service as a whole.
  2. Use sarcasm - let them know politely you are not happy, be direct and embarrass the person - seems harsh, it normally works but as entrepreneurs, engineers, designer’s, testers and integrators we don’t have time for this quite frankly disrespectful approach to those who write detailed technical polite emails asking for support.

SEEED SenseCap should think very strongly how to change their technical support approach to respect their customers. If the company thinks that coding advice can be given by someone who has no technical experience and no technical qualifications what’s so ever in the senior management team…oh my.

@reactiv Hi Chris, this is Violet from Seeed, I am truly sorry for all the inconvenience and unpleasantness that you have experienced while using our products and services. Thank you very much for your candid feedback.

First of all, I am sorry that my previous attempt failed to help solve the technical questions that you encountered. Our customer support team has mistaken me for an engineer and forwarded the email to me. When I saw the email, I contacted SenseCAP FAE immediately. While the engineers were occupied and could not answer emails promptly, we communicated via phone calls and then I replied to your email. I might have misunderstood or missed some important info. I was trying not to keep you waiting for too long, and yet I neglected that the messages conveyed from a professional engineer to a non-engineer might get distorted or missing. The responsibility is on me for this unprofessional handling of the issue. And I’d like to apologize for this. Thank you for your patience and understanding. I have included our FAE in the email and they will provide better support to you soon.

Meanwhile, regarding the replies and feedback button settings from our customer support email (support@seeed.cc), I’ve forwarded your feedback to the team leader of the Seeed online service team. And they will work on optimizing the experience.

Sorry again for the trouble and please do not hesitate to contact us whenever you have any questions, suggestions, or complaints.

Best Regards,
Violet
Sales Consultant | IoT Solutions

2 Likes