Only support worse than fusion...bizarre support.

This is my second order with as many issues.

My first order 180903171003 was received and was misrepresented by seeed. I tired to get a refund for three weeks. I finally gave up and decided that i would just sell it on eBay myself. If anyone in the states wants a rock960 4g board , shoot me a message. It doesn’t have an npu and is not the rk3399pro as I was led to believe byb96boardsai and seeed website. $120 with everything but the power supply.

My second order 181009021004 is not going any better. They sure were quick to take the money but it has been 3 days since the order was confirmed and nothing has shipped. I paid for 1-3 day shipping at a premium and expect to have this honored. I sent 7 emails and non one has responded.

This will be my last order (if I ever actually get it) with seeed. You are unreliable and do not communicate. It is more than worth the small premium to order elsewhere!

Mark

Hello mrkcass,

This is Carmen Zheng from the Seeed Fusion service, firstly, sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused with these orders or any others in the past.

I have checked the records and we received an e-mail regarding order 180903171003 on the 7th September and our technical support got back to you on the 10th. General customer support then followed up to offer a credit refund for you but we never heard back from you. Customer support sent another reminder on the 25th. Did you receive these e-mails? Perhaps they have fallen into the spam box.

Regarding order 181009021004, we have only received two e-mails earlier today. Customer support has not been able to respond to your messages yet, if you could wait until they get back to work tomorrow that would be great,

Regarding order 181009021004

--------------------------------------------------------

Track DHL Express Shipments

JD014600006095680355

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 Location Time Piece

1 Shipment information received SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 14:40

The old generate a shipping label trick! manifest says a tracking number was created, does not say DHL is in possession of shipment.

4 days and still nothing has shipped!

--------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------

Regarding order 180903171003

On Sep 24, 2018 alice answered a question with a question which solved nothing. Later on the 24th, bill said he had talked to alice and that she would be checking release status. That was 15 days ago.

Below is the full transcript of our conversations pertaining to order 180903171003.

------------------------------------------------------

Conversation opened. 2 messages. All messages read.

Skip to content

Using Gmail with screen readers

seeed

order#180903171003

Inbox

Sep 24, 2018, 11:46 PM

to me

Hi Mark,

I just talked to Alice and she is checking with product manager and wait for the response from product manager. Alice also replied to you this morning. thanks.

best rgds

Bill

bill.yu@seeed.cc

Seeed Customer Support Team via poweredby.uservoice.com

Sep 24, 2018, 1:38 AM

to order, me

Hi, Mark

Not sure whether you had received previous email? Please kindly confirm if you are agree.

For any further inquiry, feel free to reach out.

Best Regards!

-Alice| Seeed Customer Support Team

For any technical support, please post your questions to our forum.

You may still need:

To track parcel here or To back to Seeed Bazaar here.

Our hours are 9:30 PM- 5:30 AM EST, Sunday - Thursday.

mark cass

Sep 21, 2018, 10:04 PM

to bill.yu

Hi bill.

Not sure what I’m doing wrong. I keep replying but I get no response.

Should I have replied to a different email address?

Mark

Ps. Below it is suggested that i might prefer a credit towards a rock970.

I was asking when it would be available and how the price for a 4gb version (or whatever might be the premium model) would compare to the same rock960. The price is only of interest if it is closer to a hikey970 which is not within my budget.

---------- Forwarded message ---------

Date: Tue, Sep 18, 2018, 6:41 PM

Subject: Re: order#180903171003

To: <support@seeed.cc>

Pinging for 3rd time.

Do you have any further details on the ROCK970?

1. How long til release?
  2. price/ configuration?

I would be interested in the new rock 970 if it has a price point closer to the rock960. If the price point is closer to HiKey970 board then i would probably buy a rock 3399pro board like the hiKey970 state side at amazon or the like so i can avoid the currency exchange fees.

let me know on 1 and 2.

Mark

PS. Read on for more details

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018, 11:50 AM mark cass wrote:

hi guys, any word on this?

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018, 3:30 AM mark cass wrote:

p.s. Updated my web page with the new info. I’m happy to provide a review of the rock970 as an update to the 960 review. Would it be possible to get an early release for the review (if it is not already available)?

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 2:26 AM mark cass wrote:

Hi Alice,

Do you have any further details on the ROCK970?

3. How long til release?
  4. price/ configuration?

I would be interested in the new rock 970 if it has a price point closer to the rock960. If the price point is closer to HiKey970 board then i would probably buy a rock 3399pro board like the hiKey970 state side at amazon or the like so i can avoid the currency exchange fees.

let me know on 1 and 2.

thanks,

mark

mark

On Sep 10, 2018 at 9:46 AM seeed_support <support@seeed.cc> wrote:

Hi Mark,

This is Bill, charge the techsupport. First of all, sorry for the inconvenience. I went through bazzar page. I see the below replies. I add last 2 replies this morning to make it clear for other people.

Sorry for the first unclear reply. Our engineer does not capture the question correctly. He mis-understands the question as “Does RK3399Pro board has the NPU?” This is our issue. I will transfer to sales to handle the return.

Image: cid:5b961156a3e6d_12adacc8b09f83559397@sidekiq-89cfd5f68-psnx4.mail

For the respeaker, if you have any unclear, please drop bill.yu@seeed.cc directly. I will reply at my first time. thanks.

best rgds

Bill

On Sun, Sep 9, 2018 at 11:38 PM Seeed Customer Support Team <support@seeed.cc> wrote:

Hi, Mark

This is Alice with Team Seeed Bazaar.

We are very sorry to caused your confusion, and unclear reply under F&A part, we would take full responsibility for this issue. Thanks to your feedback, it helps us to figured out the problem and be able to correct it.

We would soon release a ROCK 970 Board which would has RK3399 Pro Chip, so we could suggest to refund you via COUPON with $162, that you are able to purchase online directly if you want to buy it.

Also, the refund to original account is available, please let us know which is preferable.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.

Best Regards!

-Alice| Seeed Customer Support Team

You may still need:

To track parcel here or To back to Seeed Bazaar here.

Our hours are 9:30 PM- 5:30 AM EST, Sunday - Thursday.

Helpful? Click to give Seeed Customer Support Team thanks!

On Sep 7, 2018 at 10:34 PM mrkcass wrote:

Ordered this board on September 3, 2018. It arrived promptly. Thank you!

However, I do not believe that this device has a NPU as reported on here and on 96Boards.ai. I have booted the board in android and linux and see no device not listed in the rk3399 (not pro) datasheet. I need some method to verify the existence of the NPU or I would like a refund. I bought the board specifically for the NPU and it is useless to me without one.

My project can be found here: mechanizedAI.com

email: mrkcass@gmail.com

order#180903171003

You are being intentionally vague on your page and do not understand why?

If the rock960 has or does not have an NPU, then PUT THAT ON THE PRODUCT PAGE PLEASE!! IF YOU ARE UNDER SOME FORM OF NDA THEN PUT THAT!

I want to get a respeaker next but there is no way that will happen if this is how things are done at seeed.

No matter how this turns out I will be finishing my review at mechanizedaii.com and cross posting on instructables and hack-a-day. I want to at least say that seeed made this right. If I have to say that I was completely wrong and seeed proved that the NPU was alive and well, then I will also make sure and praise your technical support and patience with a frustrated engineer!

mark