No product and no Communication

Moderators: violet, carmen.zheng

sampattemore
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

No product and no Communication

Post by sampattemore » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:41 am

I have an order (about $500 US) that I originally placed before the Chinese new year, it was cancelled for some unknown reason so I placed it again on 26/02/18 (more than 6 weeks ago). I got in contact with someone from Seeed (after multiple attempts using the Support facility on the website) they promised me that it would be complete by the 23'rd of march. I then contacted them on on the 30th (one week after they said that it would be ready) I got a vague email saying.

Dear,
The boards have been finished. There was one issuer, and I will send another mail to you for confirmation later.

Thank you!

I never got another message, I don't know what the issue was or what the board status really is

I have been trying to contact Seeed since then (nearly 2 weeks ) using email and their "support" button but with no luck, no one will talk to me.

Unfortunately, this order will almost definitely make or break a startup that I have put everything (my families life savings and several thousands of hours work) into starting. I promised a pilot unit to a company by the first of April and I have now had to break that promise.

I desperately need to know if I should get another electronics manufacturer to make the boards for me or not but I cant make this decision as no one will talk to me to tell me what the progress/status is.
Any suggestions?

carmen.zheng
Staff
Staff
Are you a staff member of seeedstudio?: yes
Which products/projects are your favorite?: PCB, PCBA, PCB Layout, 3D Printing, CNC Milling and more!

Re: No product and no Communication

Post by carmen.zheng » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:10 pm

~investigating :geek: , as mentioned in the related post. Thank you for your patience!

sampattemore
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by sampattemore » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:30 am

Thank you very much, any communication would be great, I have sent about a dozen emails and support form but am being stonewalled.

sampattemore
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by sampattemore » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:50 am

Hi Camen,
Any news yet? I will place the order with another vendor I I dont hear from you by the end of the day. And I should let you know, to reduce my risk, this will mean placing all of my future orders with another vendor.

Regards

carmen.zheng
Staff
Staff
Which products/projects are your favorite?: PCB, PCBA, PCB Layout, 3D Printing, CNC Milling and more!

Post by carmen.zheng » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:46 pm

Hello Sam,

The PCBA team have got back to me and said they are waiting for a reply from you regarding an issue with the BOM. They have sent the message again. Would you mind checking? All the parts are in, so they can get them assembled in a jiffy

Thanks for your patience!

sampattemore
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by sampattemore » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:12 pm

Hi Carmen, yes they sent me 4 identical emails a couple of hours ago. I have replied to them. Thank you

carmen.zheng
Staff
Staff

Post by carmen.zheng » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:31 pm

Fab, and lol :D

sampattemore
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by sampattemore » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:19 am

Hi Carmen, It has been a few days, can you please provide an update on this order?
Regards

sampattemore
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by sampattemore » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:30 am

Carmen? please reply. I haven't seen any movement on the order and I am still not convinced that it wouldn't be quicker to place a last minute order with another manufacturer.

carmen.zheng
Staff
Staff

Post by carmen.zheng » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:19 pm

Sorry for the late response, it seems Linda has already got back to you. The boards are scheduled for completion on Wednesday. I have put your order on my watch list and can give you the tracking number once available.