(TECH) Send SMS if variable = x with Arduino IDE

Hi everyone,
Can someone of you help me with a piece of code as example: I want to automatically send a predefined SMS to a predefined number if a variable contains a certain value?
This would be the pseudo code:

if VariableSend == 1 then send SMS text "hello world" to phone nr. 1234567890

or any Arduino SMS function code …

Thank you!

Well maybe I am luckier with this question:
I have this code that sends me a automatic predefind text via SMS when a SMS text is received but I want to receive the content of a variable which I can not succeed for some reason.

[code] if (LSMS.available()) // if received a SMS from another cellphone
{
LSMS.remoteNumber(num, 20);
LSMS.remoteContent(buf_contex, 50);

sprintf(buffer, "Get new sms, content: %s, number: %s \r\n", buf_contex, num);
Serial.println(buffer);

if (strcmp("GPS", (char*)buf_contex) == 0)                     // if the SMS content is 'GPS', then send the GPS information of RePhone back to the sender
{

//change var "buttonPushCounter" with "txt" to be automatically sent back when sms with GPS text is received
  sprintf(buffer, "buttonPushCounter", buttonPushCounter = 0);
  Serial.println(buffer);

if (LSMS.ready())
  {
    LSMS.beginSMS(num);
    LSMS.print(buffer);

if (LSMS.endSMS()) Serial.println("SMS sent ok!");
    else Serial.println("SMS send fail!");
  }
  else Serial.println("SMS no ready!");
}

}
LSMS.flush();
//}
[/code]

The code is from Dog Collar example.

Thank you!

P.S. unbelievable, after more than 400 views nobody had any advice for my previous question :frowning:

What is wrong? really no programmer can post an answer? is it so secret or so obvious that does not worth your time?

Maybe an answer for this one:
when button1 is pressed read the variable buttonPress and send the content via SMS to the predefined Nr. ?

Come on guys …
Thanks!

I would post, but I van only show some rephone’s native code, that wouldn’t work in Arduino :frowning:

labs.mediatek.com/site/global/de … @void_.gsp

Thanks dbelam,
Only by reading the forum on and on and on is clear that is not a vibe community yet but hopefully it will one day.
Fore sure some Arduino pros are scooping, I expected at least SeeedStudio moderators if any …
Should I switch and forget all the code I learn in Arduino during a few months and go with Eclipse? it looks so intimidating from a beginner point of view (at least mine). I do not think there are more RePhone specific resource for Eclipse in C++ (is it C++ right?)

I am open to listen if you can list a few pros for Eclipse? but remember this I am learning over the night at home and I do a nice progress by using Arduino so why should I start from 0 again ?

Any way I knew you are not on Arduino but on Eclipse and I do appreciate your input, at least there is someone who replies.
By the way, I keep uploading your project page regarding the OS but nothing moves there for like a month … I am following that page so add something to it, whatever it is …

Enjoy!

Well still struggling with code, the below code to push a button and send a SMS.

// ######################################### buttonSendState = digitalRead(button_Send_onPin); if (buttonSendState != lastButtonSendState) { if (buttonSendState == HIGH && lastButtonSendState == LOW) { buttonSendCounter++; } else { if (LSMS.ready()) { LSMS.beginSMS(numSend); LSMS.print("button Send pressed"); } LSMS.flush(); } } lastButtonSendState = buttonSendState; //###########################################################################################

I know the button is wired correctly, if I send a SMS to it will trigger a auto-reply with the buttonSendCounter++ content so if I press the button the variable stored number adds up counting the presses.

How do I send a SMS when that button is pressed ???

Any help is welcomed!