Connecting to board

Sorry to trouble everyone… I’m struggling to connect to the board - got a new starter kit and followed instructions to the letter.

I get this error (having enabled extra error logging) - regardless of whatever project I try and compile.

I should add I’m on Windows 10.

Thanks for help.
James

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows 8.1), Board: “Seeeduino Xadow”

Build options changed, rebuilding all

Using library Wire in folder: C:\Intel\arduino-1.6.5\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\Wire

C:\Intel\arduino-1.6.5\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_AVR_XADOW -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -IC:\Intel\arduino-1.6.5\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Intel\arduino-1.6.5\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\leonardo -IC:\Intel\arduino-1.6.5\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\Wire C:\Users\James\AppData\Local\Temp\build1797912431235472942.tmp\OLED_Hello_World.cpp -o C:\Users\James\AppData\Local\Temp\build1797912431235472942.tmp\OLED_Hello_World.cpp.o

OLED_Hello_World.pde:2:23: fatal error: SeeedOLED.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Error compiling.

Hello,

To use the Xadow wearable kit for Edison mainboard.

You have chosen the wrong board select Intel® Edison in the board selection.

To know more about this module please refer the wiki page.

Let us know if you have any other issues.

Thanks and Regards

OK I’m confused I only see Seeediuno Xadow not Intel Edison. I’m speculating this disappeared when the boards.txt was changed.

This is the reason why I used 1.0.6 instead of 1.6.x

Please follow the instructions in the following link to install arduino IDE for Xadow edision in the wearable kit.

OK I’ve managed to connect the board - by using my wifes laptop. Heck knows what is up with mine - but a fresh install from the Intel site did the job and BLINK works.

However the Seeedstudio examples don’t… here trying to compile Hello World.

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows 8.1), Board: “Intel® Edison”

OLED_Hello_World.pde:2:23: fatal error: SeeedOLED.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
enabled in File > Preferences.

Advice welcome - I’ve copied some of the 1.6.x files but the instructions are VERY vague - in fact the whole installation is vague…

Hi,

1.Delete the previously copied library and copy it in the arduino IDE as per the instructions in the following wiki page.

2.“Show verbose output during compilation” appears if you don’t select the appropriate COM port.

3.Compile without any error and then upload the code.

Thanks and Regards