DSO203 GCC APP - Community Edition (2.51+SmTech1.8+Fixes)

--DSO203

Moderators: violet, jessie, jpa

wagnermerle
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Re: DSO203 GCC APP - Community Edition (2.51+SmTech1.8+Fixes

Post by wagnermerle » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:31 pm

Does anyone have Wildcat's V6.2 available? Can't download. This forum is getting really messy. Seeed has done a good job of screwing this up.

Wildcat
Elementary-1
Elementary-1
Are you a staff member of seeedstudio?: no
Which products/projects are your favorite?: DSO Quad

Post by Wildcat » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:22 pm

wagnermerle wrote:Does anyone have Wildcat's V6.2 available? Can't download. This forum is getting really messy. Seeed has done a good job of screwing this up.
Was just on the new forum trying to sort things out when an admin posted that the old forum was up again...

Just finished an update to V5.3/6.2 which I will post shortly as V5.4/6.3, possibly tomorrow if everything goes right (to an external link apparently, since I can't download from this site either). This adds a file delete function to the editing and listing plus some other minor changes.

thenaughtyfantasy
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by thenaughtyfantasy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:01 am

Wildcat wrote:
wagnermerle wrote:Does anyone have Wildcat's V6.2 available? Can't download. This forum is getting really messy. Seeed has done a good job of screwing this up.
Was just on the new forum trying to sort things out when an admin posted that the old forum was up again...

Just finished an update to V5.3/6.2 which I will post shortly as V5.4/6.3, possibly tomorrow if everything goes right (to an external link apparently, since I can't download from this site either). This adds a file delete function to the editing and listing plus some other minor changes.

Thanks a lot Wildcat for your reply. I couldn't get to the forum for days (i didn't know when the old forum went down exactly) so i messaged them everywhere, facebook, twitter, email, contact form, new forum etc..and they got it fixed.

For anyone wondering here is the post for anyone interested (regarding saving data to a CSV): http://www.seeed.cc/topic_detail.html?id=6023
I'll need to read it again, and test some things but i mostly got the answer i was looking for. For reference the waveform i posted correlated to the current passing through a shunt resistor. Integrating the data to find the area under the curve will give you the total charge and you can calculate the energy dissipated through the resistor. This function can potentially be implemented in the firmware if technicalities allow it for people to measure for example battery cell capacities.

Also it seems it is a partial fix just for this thread as you can't actually access all of the old forum - it redirects you to the new forum.

I am not sure even if it is a good idea making a new thread though - the new forum is missing features - the old one is about to die :/ Seeed really needs to fix the features first in the new forum and then transfer all the data to the new forum if possible, or at least archive the old forum so we don't lose all the info!

Wildcat
Elementary-1
Elementary-1

Post by Wildcat » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:26 pm

Will be a few days before I can finish a new update (just basically adds a file delete function), in the meantime I added external links to V5.3 and 6.2 on the original post on the previous page, since the uploads don't seem to work anymore.

Please read the information on the post, make sure you are using the correct version.

wotsac
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by wotsac » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:31 am

I must say, ever since the last update, I have been looking forward to using this device and adding to the small but growing library of configs that I have been naming and collecting. The ability to name the configs has been wonderful.

I needed to have these configs set up beforehand because when I need them at all, I don't have the time to sit around, think, and try to figure out what settings would be best for the particular work I'm trying to do with the probe. And now... I just pull out that list on screen and, Boom! Ready to go! Truly wonderful.

Can't thank you enough, Wildcat!

Wildcat
Elementary-1
Elementary-1

Post by Wildcat » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:05 pm

wotsac wrote:I must say, ever since the last update, I have been looking forward to using this device and adding to the small but growing library of configs that I have been naming and collecting. The ability to name the configs has been wonderful.

I needed to have these configs set up beforehand because when I need them at all, I don't have the time to sit around, think, and try to figure out what settings would be best for the particular work I'm trying to do with the probe. And now... I just pull out that list on screen and, Boom! Ready to go! Truly wonderful.

Can't thank you enough, Wildcat!
You're welcome...

I want to take this opportunity though to warn users of a potential serious issue I've just discovered regarding the 8MB drives: as it stands, if a file write is attempted while the drive is full to the extent that there isn't enough room left for it, the internal system file functions "loop around" to the beginning and destroy the file allocation table, rendering the drive unreadable until reformatted.

This was tested on a HW 2.81 device with SYS 1.64, and looking at the source code, appears to exist will ALL SYS and APP versions, including the factory apps. The 2MB drive devices do not appear to be affected, at least when used with Alterbios, possibly because the smaller sector size of these need the entire file table entries to fill the drive.

The next update will be posted shortly and will monitor system file writes to prevent this from happening. In the mean time, I would advise keeping an eye on your drive to make sure it's not getting full.

Not sure if any users have written enough files on these drives to fill them up, given the small size of most of them, but some BMP's and CSV files do take a good amount of space. Also, in the mean time beware of the "auto save" function in the chart mode which could fill up a drive if left unattended...

Wildcat
Elementary-1
Elementary-1

Post by Wildcat » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:46 am

Posted V5.4/6.3 update on the new forum. Will be posting there from now on, since it appears this one may be short lived.
http://www.seeed.cc/DSO-Quad-community- ... -6071.html

ottelo
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Re: DSO203 GCC APP - Community Edition (2.51+SmTech1.8+Fixes)

Post by ottelo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:28 pm

I cant find any working firmware download anymore. Everytime I get 404.

I have a DSO203 HW2.72. I need FPGA firmware and the right APP.

seeedstudio.com.asc
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Re: DSO203 GCC APP - Community Edition (2.51+SmTech1.8+Fixes)

Post by seeedstudio.com.asc » Thu May 10, 2018 9:00 am

Unfortunately, the new seed forum, where wildcat posted his releases, is not more existing. And, this is sad, wildcat
passed away. But MotoMaxis put the latest source to github.

https://github.com/MotoMaxis/DS203-DSOQuad