Seeeduino V328 problems

That wasn’t the question; I meant: “When will new orders ship without the issue?”

We have fixed the issue.

Hi,
i got my Seeduino V328 board today ( I ordered on 09/11/30).
I got the same error. Uploading the first sketch worked fine, after that i got following error:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

so i have no usb controller… can i send it back?

br
Patrick

I’m sorry, we think we have fix the bootloader problem On November 3rd.
But it has appeared again.
Please Try the new method to fix the problem.
First put the package to your disk:
D:\Program Files\FixSeeeduino_v328
And run the avrdude-GUI.exe
fixed as the pdf shows, page 2 is the avrdude-GUI method.
please read the fuse first, and tell us the fuse configure.
thank you very much
Albert

FixSeeeduino_v328.zip (232 KB)

It works now.

Thanks

I just received a new Seeeduino V328 to replace my faulty one.

When I connect the new Seeeduino (06/23/2009) to my laptop with USB-cable, it flashes the L a couple of times and then starts flashing wildly L and TX for some time and after that only L flashes very fast. And occasionally it goes back flashing L and TX very rapidly.

If I click Tools-menu from the Arduino 0017 UI, all the leds goes off and after about second L and TX starts flashing very rapidly for some time.

When I try to upload sketch (Blink). UI says Uploading to I/O Board and L and TX starts to flash. I have waited for a long time, but it won’t do anything.

UI settings
Board: Arduino Duemilanove
Port: COM5 (checked and is the right port)

Switches on Seeeduino: USB - 5V - A

Hi Kain,

I’m sorry, it taken bothering to you again.
Please select board in Arduino IDE : Arduino Duemilanove or Nano w/ ATmega328
select the corresponding COM port.
And upload the BLINK sketch.

Did you see the RST LED flash, after you click upload sketch button?

Albert

Yes, 3 or 4 short flashes. Could the problem be in my laptop? I have tried several different COM-ports (changed USB Serial Port from Device Manager) without success. I have Windows XP.

What is the initial program loaded in my Seeeduino, should it blink the TX and L lights? Is it sending something? The last one I got just blinked the L.

Tried with another laptop, no success.

We have burn a Arduino bootloader to it, and upload a test sketch.
Please try reburn the bootloader, the method is published in this page.
Thanks
Albert

i followed the method using the avrdude-GUI but i still get the error:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x3f
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x3f

i tried the command line version as well and everything seemed okay, there were no errors or fails but when i tried to upload a sketch it gave the same not in sync error.

It seems a serious problem with your Seeeduino 328.
Would you please send it back to us to fix and find out the problem?
and we will send you a replacement.
As Chinese new year is very close to us, we will get 14 days vacation soon(Feb.7~Feb.21), please send it after Feb.21.
Thanks
Albert

hey there!

I follow exactly the instructions to fix the Seeeduino board, also I did under windows,
something very bizarre happening, after burned the new bootloader, I could upload a first sketch from arduino IDE and it worked very very fine!! however , I couldn’t upload new sketchs, a communication problem arise…
So, looks like the original problem continue…
after a new bootloader burn, I uploaded a new sketch, but only one…
do you know how can I proceed now?
I’m Brazil, so it’s something impossible to send back …

the board…
Seeeduino
v328 06/23/2009

Hi,
Please reburn the fuse, then burn the bootloader.
sorry for late reply.
thanks
Albert

… seems I have that problem too on my first board (Seeduino v328 06/23/2009).

LED without reference blinking fast, TX most times also blinking fast, programming from arduino-0021 leads in no reaction (no indication of sucessful / not succesfull programming).
Seeduino board is recognized as Port3.

Could somebody help me with AVRdude instructions: got problems with step 5.
With command line “=l114” / “=I114” I get error message:
AVRDUDE.EXE: invalid portname lpt1: use ft0 - ft9

With command line “-c SeedStudio -P ft0 -p m3” I get error message:
AVRDUDE.EXE: Can’t find programmer id “SeedStudio”

I am not in recommended directory (d:…), instead C:\FixSeeeduino_v328\ - might that be a problem?

Seems this might not be the ideal re-start into uC - have not played with that for the last 15 years…

Hi,
Got some problems with my board too ( V2.2 05/22/2010 ). Bought it about 3 months ago, been working with it almost every day and everything working fine until yesterday. Tried to upload a new sketch today, both red led lights flashing ok, arduino IDE reports no problem. Unfortunately, the program did not upload, Seeeduino is still running the program I uploaded yesterday ( or at least a corrupted version of it as indicated by the graphic LCD I am using with it ). Is this a related problem? If so, why should things just break like this? Will the solution posted previously work for me? Questions and serious doubts as to the reliability of these boards. I dunno, I may have to go back to my Arduino… :frowning:

Hi again,
Just tried the fix, everything seemed to go ok, no reported errors, got the led (L) to blink. Apologies, turns out the bug was in my software… :blush: My confidence in the Seeeduino board has been restored… Happy days…! :wink:

My Seeeduino v2.21 has suddenly stopped taking sketches. I have the Seeduino set for 5V and auto reset and am using Arduino 0022, set for “Arduino Duemilanova or Nano w/ Atemega 328” boards. I just keep getting device identifier and protocol errors. It was programming just fine but now just blinks normally when it is reset and the flashes the L led endlessly.

So my questions are:

1. Is there any source code for the bootloader available? Will a default Arduino bootloader work?
  2. Are the .rar and .zip files on page 4 upto date?

MIne too, but the Seeeduino v2.21 I have is a 168, all it does is blink pin 13 endlessly.

do i have to keep the pins connected after the procedure?

I bought one recently and i have the same issue so i think to try this out.

So far i change the port number, press reset button and make sure that the correct board is selected nothing works. the L LED is blinking green, and the TX/RX blink red when trying to upload but then it shows the error.

can i try a something else before using soldering to verify that this is the case?

I know is an old post but i have this issue now.

Thank for the trouble.

Cesar