ADK Installation

Recently got the ADK board and compiled the Arduino part OK.

Took the java code from the Seeduino ADK wiki and loaded that into eclipse.
Trying to compile for Android 2.3.3
I get an error saying that R is undefined in
… SeekBar sbAdcValue = (SeekBar) findViewById(R.id.sbADCValue);

This feels as if the package org.microbridge.server is the wrong version or there’s some issue with the 2.3.3 SDK
Any suggestions? From where, in any case, should that server code be obtained?

Thx. Paul

Hi Paul,

Please download and import garden.seeedstudio.com/images/1/ … mo-App.zip to your eclipse environment listed in Resources section of wiki. This application bundle includes all the resources like R file, images, microbridge library.

The java code listed in wiki is from this demo application and it is listed to explain the processes involved in using ADK Main Board with microbridge library.

Let us know if this solves your issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Viswa

Thx Viswa,

I deleted the package I had in there. Then I imported the downloaded folder (file > import existing projects into workspace)

I get something I have not seen in eclipse before: The package is not compiling but there is no error indicated on any of the components.

In other words, there is a little X against the package name (ADC Demo) on the left-hand panel but none against any of the constituent parts.

Any further suggestions?

Regards, Paul

Hi Paul,

At times eclipse behaves strange. I have not come across a similar issue in my environment. I also checked the compatibility of this code just by building with Android versions 1.6, 2.1, 2.2 and 3.0. I only have a v2.2 device, hence could not check any app beyond 2.2 version.

Let us approach this issue systematically, we could find the root cause:

1.Check if you are able to compile and upload any sample application provided with Android SDK. To start with use SDK v1.6. The ADK Main Board demo application can compile from Android v1.5 and above. If this is fine, I hope the environment is clean.

2.Take a backup of all the your applications from eclipse workspace. Delete the contents of workspace folder, restart eclipse and try Step 1

3.If you are able to compile the Android sample applications, try the demo code once again.

4.If this still does not solve your issue, try to install an older version of eclipse (I use Version: 3.5.2 on a Ubuntu 10.4 workstation). Configure eclipse with Android SDK and try again.

Regards,
Viswa

Thx Viswa,
Thx for that. Actually I had to get more radical but have it compiled now :slight_smile:
I completely reinstalled the whole of Eclipse and SDKs.
I then got 2 actual error messages and found the answers on stackoverflow
stackoverflow.com/questions/4139 … e-fix-proj
stackoverflow.com/questions/2194 … id-plugins
These may have been the same problems as before. The reinstall made them visible.
Regards, Paul

Now that I have a clean compile of both ends I plugged it all together.
Android display comes up but doesn’t have any effect on the hardware.
Arduino emits this on the serial port Error: OSCOKIRQ failed to assert
I see that other people have had that error with the circuits@home USB shield but the solutions do not seem to be applicable.
Any ideas?
Paul
PS. I am powering the ADK board from my mac (via USB cable used for downloading). The voltage between VCC and ground is 4.96

+1
I just received 2 boards and they both run fine as Arduinos (Blink works), but once I get to the ASK example form Seedstudio, I get the same error message!

I put a step-by-step up, see:
patrick.seeling.org/archives/554

Also got the OSCOKIRQ error message. Appeared I downloaded the wrong Microbridge version. When I installed a fresh new Arduino-022 ide, and the Microbridge files that are in the resources section of the Wiki page, everything went fine. :ugeek: