Post your wishlist of DSO firmware mutant

I think it would be a good feature to record directly to sd card with adjustable bitrates.

And a more accurate battery indication would be a good idea.

toby- i dont think that would work because of the write speed of the sd card is so slow

Well, it should be able to work with recording every second, should it?

Hi,

A voltage scale (rough indication) on the left side would be nice, preferably with a ‘show on/off’ option in the VD menu.

It will give a quick idea about the gnd level, trigger, etc.

Ron

Not sure if this the request for BenF firmware, but anyhow, it would be nice to see “Trigger Holdoff” adjustments. See this vid for explanation:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta096oBz … ture=feedu”>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta096oBzSac&feature=feedu</LINK_TEXT>

Thanks

Eric

I second:

• multimeter
  • show voltages on scale
  • voltage logger by increasing maximum time / div more that 10s. I propose 100s or even 1000s per div.

There will be for sure time drift but it will perfect fit the need to make measurments over extended time range.

The simplest and most straight forward method is to use a battery as described in my page 2 post of <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.seeedstudio.com/forum/viewto … 5&start=10”>http://www.seeedstudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1655&start=10</LINK_TEXT>.

The battery works best when it is equal to the DC level, or a little above or below the DC level. A simple 9V or 12V battery combination will do.

Remember, if you use a mains connected offset voltage (power supply), make sure that the Nano is not connected to a USB cable during the set up and measurement process to prevent ground loop current flow through the Nano ground lead.

“Every problem has a solution … it is just that some solutions are more acceptable than other solutions”. :wink:

Hi,

I’ve put my wishes on “DSO firmware version 3.61” topic with all details.

In short, two most important are:

1. To increase refresh screen rate on AUTO. If trigger is not catch, let’s display new waveform immediately, or after some time which user define. The circular buffer has to be used, which always gives the last values in buffer.

2. Always to sample on 1 MHz (or higher possible freq which CPU allows) and capture three values Average, Min and Max for one buffer value. The Average with 8bit, Min and Max with 4 bit as NONE liner difference to Avg. That will reduce buffer to 2048 size, but it is not such bad as missing hight frequency changes. The Avg value is displayed as before (lines between v(t) and v(t+1)), but below that the vertical line between Min ans Max is displayed with lower color intensity per each t. Or just plot the two pixels (Min and Max). On that way we can see high frequency changes even on high Time/Dev. If it complicate, current Normal/Fast sampling can be only Normal, because we can detect hight freq changes with this option.

Other, but hard to realize (we can skip this):

Add my vote to:

Definitely a good multi-meter mode with simple, large numbers for volts, frequency

Alluded to already as well, but a good data logger

Now to something new; a range of accessories with supporting profiles on the nano. For instance, a good current clamp with the clamp’s profile (they are generally non-linear) already in the nano. And the on-screen support to show current instead of volts. Other examples: accelerometer, resistance probe, temp sensor. I can see a whole line of “Seeedstudio approved” hardware accessories that I’d be more than happy to shell out money for.

While you are at it, how about thumb drive support for the USB port.

Any possibility of 2nd input via the USB? I know, slow, but possibly used as trigger, or data-logger style input.

That’s it for now. But the possibilities for this little wonder really get the creative juices flowing.

My recuest is this. Im working in my thesis taking lightnig data with an antena and I have to watch the oscope every time that I see a lightning to capture the data.

Is there any way to put the DSOnano in a mode (scan mode like) to automatically empty the buffer every time it gets full and append that data to the end of a certain FILExxx.XML? it would be helpfull if the file auto001.xml have a fixed size and once it reach that size automatically the software creates auto002.xml and it start to append the data to that file. maybe 10Mb.

a jpeg viewer. them we can carry schematic circuits in .jpg format inside SD card.

with a little modification in hardware, we can measure continuity or even resitance. how?

write me. i have the answer…i guess!!!

I fully agree with Wacecs request to prolong the timebase to at least 1000 sec/div for use as a chart recording device. For instance for weather data recording.

- Would be grate to have Other signal types in signal-generator (sine-wave,saw, etc.).

• As well as Timed Automatic data capture (data-logging<XML) in specified intervals, or on signal change. (every 1/5/10/30/mins || 4khz@5v goes to 2khz@2v )

• Wave Ghosting(non permanent hold) to work as reference to previous condition of a signal. With variable timing ~ (10ms-5s update interval)

• And it would be really great if there was a possibility to Record(from probe) and then Transmit(with generator || play file) acquired signal.(in reasonable limits).

Il be waiting for those features with impatience . Thanks

Yes such a data graph logger.

The DSO nano could be a perfect tool for every Laser Power Meter with 1mV=1mW output. There are enough laser geeks like me who would use it to make a graph of the output without the need to buy expencive hardware and software to connect their LPM´s to their PC´s.

My wishlist

• Pass-through over USB in SUMP compatible (similar to Open workbench Logic Sniffer) or USBEE compatible format.

The sump format seems quite straightforward:

the protocol can be found here and an implementation using an Arduino as client can be found here.
  • Logic analyzer
  • Scope mode

… but as it is, it is already a pretty cool device. :slight_smile:

@ESP: Out of interest, are there still/already active developers of the DSO Nano firmware? If I look at the Git repository http://gitorious.org/dsonano/dso-firmware, the last update was on 14 Feb 2011, just around the time that BenF posted his 3.64 firmware. Do you know how much time the Seeeduino staff will be able to spend on this, or if BenF will help development.

I think the DSO Nano is a fantastic device with enormous value for money, and I hope there will be manpower enough to make it even more amazing.

FFT would be a big plus!

Considering it is a feature of almost every digital scope out there, I think it would be great to have a full auto option, that would guess at a best fit V/div and T/div for whatever is currently in the buffer.

Since there is already an FFT proof-of-concept out there, that would be cool too, although you would probably want a completely different set of menus for the FFT as the scope menu is already crowded.

It sounds really good, too wonderful!

trying to replace my dso with the newer ds211, wonder if there is any custom firmware out there that does fft